93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 New Reader
7/30/08 11:57 a.m.

So.... i believe a few weeks ago i was complaining about the 92 hatch being slow, but holding it's own in the corners. I took your guys' advise and am in the process of doing something about it.

Two days after that thread, i sold my white 93 coupe for $1500. (STUPID. could have got $2k out of it, but oh well.)

Since then, i have done some little things to the black car just for peace of mind to prepare for the swap, and to clean it up a little. No pics yet, but as soon as i get a camera again, i'll remedy that, so use your imagination for now.

1) washed, buffed, washed, claybar'd, waxed it, totally worth it. Got some swirls, was a little hasty, but HUGE improvement.

2) redded out the tails. I've always HATED that orange section in the tails, especially on black cars, so a can of Testor's Candy Apple Translucent model paint later, done.

3) Got a set of 90-93 Convertible sideskirts out of a junkyard, put them on. Doesn't really bring down the side height any, but squares the sharp rounding off below the door some, gives it more of a "thicker" look.

4) finally finished up my stainless steel braided brake lines. Still need to replace my front rotors, got a squeel and pulse from the driver's front

5) sourced my Solara V6 manual transmission to be shipped out in the next couple weeks (has to be pulled off the car) Already have a TRD Japan LSD for this transmission

6) Picked up a T70 turbo. (obviously not going to be on here immediately, but nice to have )

7) Have $400 remaining to pay for a JDM ST185 front clip w/ full uncut harness, ECU, turbo, etc...

8) Ordered a 4-puck unsprung South Bend clutch.

Unfortunately, needless to say, the 92 Hatch is no longer eligible as a 2008 challenge car, so i may have to wait for 2009. (I want to enter a Cressida.)

Anyways, thoughts? What else should i do?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x8O0QZozi3m9JDgZt0cCUpnDOohXmV5F8JbPNm3Os2s1BaKyia6QrhFq1ut1lNou