noddaz
noddaz Reader
7/21/12 9:06 p.m.

Ok, I finally got around to upgrading a set of strut mount for my 86 GTi... I used 80 shore pour-able polyurethane. Here are some pictures. Old mount in the car. (Toast...) The wasted mount out of the car. Hmmm. Doesn't look bad. But we know better... New mount with poured in reinforcement... And the mount installed on the car... Looking again at the top retainer... Now to see if they hold up over time...

And just as a minor note, several months ago I replaced the strut mounts on my 1997 Jetta. And the Jetta's mounts are starting to sag already... If this works out I will be reinforcing the Jetta's mounts too...

ZnY3oneJLMbSecAymKK8VHlFiiaw7oyn