1 ... 5 6 7
mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
5/8/13 7:53 a.m.

Guys, page one, engine BEHIND the driver. It's a very important arbitrary rule for this discussion. If we could go front engine we'd all pick C5 Z06 and call it a day. Behind the driver makes this whole thing more fun.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
5/8/13 7:59 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Guys, page one, engine BEHIND the driver. It's a very important arbitrary rule for this discussion. If we could go front engine we'd all pick C5 Z06 and call it a day. Behind the driver makes this whole thing more fun.

Drive it in reverse then You'll still have eleventy billion more cool '007' points than driving a squashed VW Beetle
Note I am a massive 911 fan, but an Aston out cools a Porker any day of the week, and 'out cooling' the next guy is approx.100.5% of what a 'Super car' is about. I also love the Z06, but it will never be a supercar. There has to be a certain amount of exclucivity with super cars, as great as Z06's are, they will never have it.

Flight Service
Flight Service UltimaDork
5/9/13 9:12 p.m.

It was actually decided tonight by Ms. Flight Service.

We were on an evening drive and this pulled up to us in traffic.

(911 40th anniversary package from the local Subie/Lincoln dealers personal collection. He has the car for sale there. It is in very good condition and he has the bible from the Porsche dealer in NOLA)

She says, out of the blue, "You would look good driving one of those. Are they two seaters?" I said "Really? You think I would look good in that? It is a 2+2. Two adult seats and two kids seats."

She says, "Yes how much are they?" I explain "that one is in Black Book at $30K or the cost of a loaded Fusion."

She says "You should get one once we get settled."

Yup, you read that right, my wife just told me to get a little beetle!

I am a very lucky man.

Flight Service
5/9/13 9:18 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Guys, page one, engine BEHIND the driver. It's a very important arbitrary rule for this discussion. If we could go front engine we'd all pick C5 Z06 and call it a day. Behind the driver makes this whole thing more fun.

Yup this right here. I think I posted on Page 2 that the C5 Z06 would be my Class A street legal track list. The whole list. Nothing else on the list but that one.

The Pantera I can't find in the 20's Caterham Engine in the wrong spot Aston also has the engine in the wrong spot and frankly, other than looks, scare the hell out of me on maintenance. I would buy a Jag XK-8R first. Merak is one of the few Maseratis I would own. I actually do own one right now. My 5 year old uses it as the car that flips other cars in on coming traffic. Tomica die cast. Very nicely detailed.

Ms Flight Service wins, as always. My future has a silver 911 in it.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
5/9/13 9:21 p.m.

Good choice. They are remarkable practical cars.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
5/9/13 9:25 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Good choice. They are remarkable practical cars.

my wife wants one - we have zero dollars saved towards... well, anything. When you buy it, post up a thread, I'll look good in it vicariously.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
5/9/13 9:31 p.m.

So who at Porsche NA reads the boards and knows how many of us own/want to own P cars? I'm starting to think that two page ad was pretty well thought out.

Flight Service
5/9/13 9:45 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

I never got my copy of this months mag

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
5/9/13 9:47 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

It's really good. You would have liked it.

Flight Service
5/9/13 9:52 p.m.

Just asked for a replacement copy

Joshua
Joshua Dork
5/9/13 9:59 p.m.

Elise for me! Or a 911

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/10/13 12:21 a.m.

I'm late, don't care. If I had 20-ish to blow it would be on one of these and probably in this order"

Flight Service
5/10/13 12:26 a.m.

In reply to m4ff3w:

That looks almost like a Top Gear episode.

kanaric
kanaric New Reader
5/10/13 12:58 a.m.

Does a 928 count as a supercar? If so a 928s would be cool.

Flight Service
5/10/13 7:05 a.m.

Engine wrong end

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
5/10/13 7:10 a.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

I don't mind that era 911 at all. Sure, they don't have the "coolness" of the air-colled cars, but it seems they're better for everyday use.

The local Lotus dealer had a '99 C4 in black with the aero package and very low miles (under 30K, IIRC). I thought the asking price was a bit steep (book was ~$20K, they were asking ~$29K), but I sure did drool over it for awhile as I passed by every morning...

Storz
Storz HalfDork
5/10/13 7:18 a.m.

Are these down into the 20s yet

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
5/10/13 7:24 a.m.
Storz wrote: Are these down into the 20s yet

There are half a dozen ini ebay right now under $30k. Good thing about them is once you'r fed up with it you jsut wait for it to self combust and claim the insurance $$'s for something else

Storz
Storz HalfDork
5/10/13 7:27 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
There are half a dozen ini ebay right now under $30k. Good thing about them is once you'r fed up with it you jsut wait for it to self combust and claim the insurance $$'s for something else

haha awesome

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
5/10/13 6:15 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:

I never actually proved - not that it matters - it but believe that was the actual car I owned. That's a promo pic from the lotus track at Hethel. The Essex livery wasn't selling (gaudy as hell), they cut the production of 100 of them short and promoted the Turbo with the above car, number 70 or 71 iirc. I think it was the first non Essex built. Rhd, the interior was insane with Connoly leather and the roof stereo. It is actually painful to see a pic of it and the pics of it are everywhere. It's on the cover of a Lotus book and I keep it face down.

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RLCR3T5qQ66T5bGnVmQBOlS7mns43tfDWUs3ZzV2HKE01x69k1McfhzpsTo3DsRO