1 2
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/8/13 11:07 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: In the end as you say, it's all about being different, or maybe catering to a silly set of rules. (Possible advantage in SCCA SSM competition if done right.) Really the V8 swap is no different. In 99.99% of situations, you can go just as fast with a turbo BP, and often for cheaper.
If the 99.9% is street driving, sure. But the V8 cars are definitely faster around our little kart track, even when compared to a 400+ hp BP. Silly sets of rules do require silly solutions, this is definitely true.

Well... it is. I'd imagine that 80% or more of the V8 miatas running around are street cars.

Silly rules bring us into one of my favorite sayings that i saw on the internet:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/8/13 11:48 a.m.

Well, if we're just using imaginary statistics, 82% of the time a 1.6 Miata with a clogged cat is all you need.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/8/13 11:51 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Well, if we're just using imaginary statistics, 82% of the time a 1.6 Miata with a clogged cat is all you need.

That statistic sounds made up to me.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
3/8/13 1:05 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: Well, if we're just using imaginary statistics, 82% of the time a 1.6 Miata with a clogged cat is all you need.
That statistic sounds made up to me.

83.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
3/8/13 1:38 p.m.

46% of the time I want a Miata with a V8 and then 54% I realize that I can't drive fast with a 1.6. Further 72% I wish I had a V6.

100% I enjoy my Miata.

SCARRMRCC
SCARRMRCC Reader
3/8/13 2:35 p.m.

at minimum, any miata getting a v6 should have 50% more HP.. due to 50% more pistons.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xX1p8eS9Mu2DhQguiXAl5Ekaz7NDrFLX9pfyByqrrstna0drhipetUFLHrGVEPfM