Sarah Young
Sarah Young Editorial/Art Assistant
8/18/14 11:01 a.m.

Professional racer Randy Pobst is a nice guy and all, but you don’t have to be Al Gore to see that he’s left a pretty big carbon footprint on the planet. Just check out his credentials: 30 years of competition, two victories at the Rolex 24 At Daytona, and 70-plus professional wins plus seven pro titles. On average he runs …

Read the rest of the story

TiggerWelder
TiggerWelder New Reader
8/25/14 3:13 p.m.

While I applaud Randy for his stand, a gentleman in Charlotte was fined heavily for doing this exact thing. That tote of canola oil at costco is not tax paid fuel. Using it was at that time considered a major no-no. There was an effort to change that, but I don't know where it went.
How much diesel did it take to grow and process the oil bearing veggie? Is it really a net plus? Many cooking oil suppliers are now requiring their customers to return the oil, as they sell it to commercial biodiesel producers to meet the Al Gore inspired minimums of "renewable" resources.
I would love to see more about the total footprint than just the local ones. They call plug in hybrids or totally electric cars zero emmisions. No they aren't! There is a smoke stack at the power plant that is your emmisions, and no tree hugger wants to admit to supporting a nuke station for their car motivation. I like it, and want to see more of this, but let's get the whole picture, not just the pretty parts!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S2RekRh3e8mpBZ8KoPdeC9r6EPQCgxKeVyP14RgkhYurhT9CbOr10nPSdD6PrUtn