ea_sport
ea_sport New Reader
5/31/09 2:33 p.m.

Hi all. I parked my wife's 2003 CR-V outside (airport parking lot) for three weeks with parking brake/e-brake engaged. Upon returning I noticed a thin layer of rust on the rotor and the front end made weird noise and vibrated a lot when I first drove it. After a few days the rust went away (for the most part) however, it vibrated and made some noises when I pressed the brake.

I'll take the tire off this afternoon to take a look at the rotor, is it a problem with the rotor because I had the parking brake on? If it's because of the rust on the rotor, can I use sanding paper on the rotor? What kind of sanding paper can I use on the rotor? Thanks.

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater New Reader
5/31/09 2:42 p.m.

The parking brake is usually on the rear so that wouldn't affect the front brakes. The vibration on the front could be a sticking caliper, probably not the piston but the slide that the caliper moves on as the pads wear. This is a common Honda problem. Take apart, clean well, reassemble with ample Silglyde, Antiseize or moly grease. If you're getting a vibration from the rotors they need to be turned or replaced.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b0AtE5N8tzR5qDvzampw3wYzje5EV1gviiPjmWi0P4QRpV3MKHxWVAhUxnwKlvlf