Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/17/20 1:06 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UTquuXMm1T4

After nine films (and a 10th said to be on the way), the Fast & Furious franchise has a habit of outdoing itself when it comes to outrageous stunts. For one reason or another, Dominic Toretto seems to find himself in the center of these wild escapades.

And to think, it all started with a few street racers stealing some Panasonic …

Watch more videos

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
7/17/20 1:12 p.m.

I want to design a physics curriculum around the F&F series and have students rate each stunt as busted/plausible and show their work.

I started working through them myself once just for the fun of it.  Even the first scene where Brian tries to hit top speed in his Eclipse is easily busted.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/17/20 1:19 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

I'd read that dissertation.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
7/17/20 1:22 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

In reply to ProDarwin :

I'd read that dissertation.

You and 3 other people laugh

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/17/20 1:29 p.m.

Ive been introducing my 11 year old to the series. First is still my favorite,  with the first big street race scene being my favorite of the movie. 

Hard to believe the eclipse was a new car then.....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/17/20 3:53 p.m.

Favorite scene? Lots.

Don’t let this distract you from the fact that Hector's going to be running three Honda civics with Spoon engines, and on top of that, he just went into Harry’s and bought three T66 turbos with NOS, and a MoTec system exhaust.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/17/20 4:04 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

I'd check it out. 

David S. Wallens
7/17/20 6:00 p.m.

And just checking our ye olde Wikipedia. The original F&F was released on June 22, 2001. Several us from GRM went--maybe not opening night but soon after. I remember that my wife and I took her Civic Si. It seemed more appropriate. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/17/20 6:18 p.m.

I like when he goes "TORETTOOO!!!"

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
7/17/20 6:57 p.m.

The RX7 supposedly had the cage removed to fit Vin Diesel.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/17/20 8:55 p.m.

Craig Lieberman is/was the head car wrangler / technical advisor for the series. He has videos on YouTubes telling the backsrory of most of the hero cars. 

True story: the main hero car was supposed to be that yellow R33 GTR. When they pop the hood on that Supra hulk, and Jessie says that now ubiquitous line, "two Jay zee, no E36 M3?!?!" It was supposed to be Ar Bee 26..." It's funny because all Mk IV Supras had 2JZs. MotoRex was the importer for the R33, legally, but they got shut down because of some serious shady gangster stuff, so they made the orange Supra the car instead. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
7/17/20 8:57 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

And just checking our ye olde Wikipedia. The original F&F was released on June 22, 2001. Several us from GRM went--maybe not opening night but soon after. I remember that my wife and I took her Civic Si. It seemed more appropriate. 

Its weird that I remember this date because:

1)  Quake was released exactly 5 years prior in 1996

2)  I graduated college exactly 5 years later in 2006

David S. Wallens
7/17/20 9:02 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Plate of shrimp. 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/22/20 9:21 p.m.

Y'all are a bunch of berkeleytards!   angry My brain cells are dying off and I might be on life support by Labor Day...

Until today I had never seen one of these movies.  This thread made me start wondering if I "might" actually be missing something.  Amazon provided the really cheap answer.  8 of the movies (maybe all of them?) on Blu-ray for $20 with free shipping.  Used set (like new condition! from a reputable seller), so I'm gonna have to watch all of them soon to make sure they aren't FUBAR'd.  I watched the first one tonight...I still hear/feel the sensation of dying brain cells in my head. surprise

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y4W7OmJzZ8kNC6Op1MUpKjyoJMBGPrI0QciuZyFD4fKctdJbRjggT0ZUmb83fi75