Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
11/10/20 8:29 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZyNF9wDLx_U

The Nürburgring Nordschleife may be known as the site of any number of challenging endurance racing events, but on most days, it’s just a toll road without speed limits.

Here’s a taste of what one of those “normal” days looks like during a Touristenfahrten session.

Like what you're watching? We rely on your financial support. For as little as $3, you can support Grassroots Motorsports by becoming a Patron today. 

Watch more videos

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/10/20 8:49 a.m.

What is that white car at around the 10:40 mark?

Surprised to see so many Camaros.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
11/10/20 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

I think that's a later Opel Manta. I'm sure someone else here has some good info on them.

therealpinto
therealpinto GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/11/20 4:37 a.m.

Yes, Opel Manta GSi, around 1986-87 or so.

These cars have nice suspension setups (SLA front, torque arm live rear axle) much like a European 3rd gen Camaro I guess. The later GSi's hade a nice limited slip diff. ISTR that the injected CIH straight four put out 115 catalytic BHP. Lively but not "fast" but a well balanced car...

...and the "arch enemy" of the Ford Capri ;-)

Nice licence plate on the BMW 3-series at 1.08-1.09, BTG 7.29 :-) Hope he has what it takes to back it up...

Gustaf

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/11/20 6:20 a.m.

In reply to therealpinto :

This one even had the period correct foxtail  dangling off the rear view mirror!

Opel had a big presence in motorsports, especially at the grassroots and more amateur level - kinda like the working man's BMW.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yd642qimJX9v32MLjNsDjxgoQrF0JqNlAmMjajzoyRmfkz1qyrEvf8oiGitdOmFi