instagram

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
11/27/17 11:09 p.m.

#filtersarelife  #iguess

beattyarthur
beattyarthur
1/2/18 1:12 p.m.

Gosh, this takes me back. My son, Doug Beatty Jr, drove for Warren. He and Chet Fillip drove a GTP in the 1991 One Lap of America, coming second in SSGT1. They lost first to John Buffum in the factory Dodge Stealth R/T. Ironically, the main reason they only came second was my son did a sub 10 second run in the Indianapolis drag strip which was too fast for their bracket!

Doug also drove the 24 hours at Nelson Ledges for Warren.

in 92 or 93, I worked with Mosler to get two cars built to Canadian regulations for import into Canada. My cousin had one and the other was owned by Fred Eaton. It was a lovely car with the hard top.I think they both ended up going back to Florida.

Arthur Beatty

svisek
svisek New Reader
1/2/18 1:50 p.m.

While not the most aesthetically pleasing, they are beautiful where it counts.  I have major respect for these cars for how they were constructed and how they performed.  I am lucky to also have a little race car for the street, with the added bonus of attractive looks, at least in my eyes.

Image may contain: car

tmechanic
tmechanic New Reader
1/2/18 10:55 p.m.

The story I got was that when Rossion Automotive bought Mosler's facilities in FL, he signed over all of the molds and designs, but I've also heard that he sold the design and rights to the last car he designed to one of his employees for back pay.  But I do know that he included his ITB and SSB Sciroccos and the race trailer in the sale.  I was able to buy all three of his SCCA Sciroccos, #99, ITB, and #s 21, 29 SSB, but 29 was kind of converted back to road use.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/3/18 10:47 a.m.

Small Consulier update: a friend owns one and might be interested in selling it. 

Danny Shields
Danny Shields Reader
1/3/18 10:56 a.m.

OK, do tell more...

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
1/3/18 10:30 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Lets know more please!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/3/18 11:13 p.m.

If anyone's interested in the Consulier, drop me a note and I'll forward it to the owner. I haven't seen it in the flesh, so I don't know too much other than it's the real deal. 

Thanks!

Polopharm
Polopharm
1/5/18 11:02 p.m.

It took this long to get this to post , keep sending an error message. 

@ trackmouse- the other cars in the series that as you say " nust have sucked" - 911 turbo driven by Hurley Haywood, Lotus espirit, rx/7 , calloway twin turbo Corvette, factory Corvettes, Nissan z etc  There was no Toyota Celica , actually not a single Toyota period. 

I will offer you the updated Consulier 25k challenge- your Celica vs my blue Consulier pictured and discussed  in previius posts. 

We agree on a driver same person for both cars, he or she does laps on a road course and a drag strip. Lowest combined time wins. Loser pays winner 25k . 

Or you could just come down here to Florida , go for a ride , and then write a post about it. I guarantee it will be about your new found respect for the cars. 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
RAgPg0VYiusRhGJk6Cb9PMNbGlMpZ0ul