1 2
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/2/15 12:26 p.m.

Vaughn Gittin Jr. says these are massively underappreciated platform for a drift car, and they're still dirt cheap...makes you think...

Dootz
Dootz Reader
9/24/19 1:01 a.m.

The best Foxbody is an SN95 '94-'95 GT

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 New Reader
3/3/21 9:16 a.m.

Drove my '87 LX 5.0 hatch for years. Daily driver, autocrosser, drag raced it a few times. Mostly stock, with T-bird Turbo Coupe rear discs, Flowmasters, K+N.  Had 2.73's in the 8.8 but would still light 'em up all the way through 1st and a healthy 2nd scratch. Used to love setting off car alarms going through parking garages. Vinyl seats, but PDL's, PW, even power mirrors. Nothing special now, but in the late '80's it was luxury in a small car.

I moved the battery back to the spare tire well, put a empty battery case in the stock location under the hood, and always passed tech at the autocross and strip. The rear discs hid pretty well behind the factory aluminum wheels, no one noticed them unless they crawled under and looked hard.

Had to eventually give it up once the miles started accumulating and kids came along, but I miss it.

My dream 5.0 would have been a dark grey/charcoal notch, leather seats, 347 stroker, Flowmaster X-pipe, and 5 lug Pony wheels. Mine was a red hatch, but it was close enough.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kvMJLbKhdRwJRteTUE3226MqbowJbfriw8ZOhiooRzPzJSLP0xzVqzhJuCMWs69H