1 2 3
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
12/15/20 3:30 p.m.
feature_image

Looking for a modified, old-school 911? This backdated Porsche 1975 911S just might check all the right boxes for you: ducktail spoiler, big fender flares and a twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter engine hiding in the rear.

The only thing that might not be on your list? How about a unique teal-and-brown houndstooth interior that not only covers the seats, but also the dash …

Read the rest of the story

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/15/20 3:31 p.m.

Would rock. All day today and twice on Sunday. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
12/15/20 3:37 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Would rock. All day today and twice on Sunday. 

Samesies!

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/15/20 3:40 p.m.

Oh my god yeeeessss

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/15/20 3:46 p.m.

BLEAGHCK!

If it was just the seat inserts, maybe OK.  It would benefit from a smaller scale pattern, though.

But the door cards and dash panel are a mortal sin.  That steering wheel might have looked good in black - highly doubtful - but that aggressively bright tan (how is that even a thing?) just highlights what an ugly design it is.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
12/15/20 3:48 p.m.

Absolutely. Ab so berking lutely.

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
12/15/20 3:49 p.m.

It's cool looking, but it's too much.  Almost dizzying to look at.  I'd say if it were just the seats, fine, but the rest would make me not want to ever open the door or be inside that thing. 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
12/15/20 3:53 p.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UberDork
12/15/20 4:09 p.m.

Voting options I guess are an attempt at levity.

My answer is hell no, it's not worth $230K, but my objection to the price has little to do with the interior.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/15/20 4:11 p.m.

Seats and doors might work (although that orange color is too 70s for me) but the dash just makes it too tuner-y for me.

STM317
STM317 UberDork
12/15/20 4:56 p.m.

I would've gone with a different color combo if it were my 6 figure car, but I like the idea.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
12/15/20 4:58 p.m.

If it was regular size houndstooth it would be okay, but I don't care for the giant size pattern.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/15/20 5:01 p.m.

There are a bunch of design choices I wouldn't have made and I can't imagine the circumstances under which I'd pay a quarter million for a street car but I think the whole thing is incredibly well done and cohesive including the interior.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
12/15/20 5:04 p.m.

The price: For people who want to pay $230k++ for a car, this is the sort of car they would pay $230k++ for.

The fabric: First, smaller houndstooth is better.  There are subtler ways of compensating for something.  Second, seats are fine, door cards if you have to, but get it the heck off the dash.  Assuming you intend to actually drive the car and not just polish it with the proverbial diaper, I would think that the very last thing you need in your peripheral vision is distracting bits of fabric.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
12/15/20 5:05 p.m.

That steering wheel is terrible. That's the main thing I noticed. It's so cheap and crappy looking, like they grabbed it out of a Chevy Corsica or some other late '80s/early '90s E36 M3box commuter car

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
12/15/20 5:11 p.m.

Ewww!  Nope, hard pass for me

spandak
spandak HalfDork
12/15/20 5:13 p.m.

Im fine with the Houndstooth.

I dont want to be critical of someone clearly richer and more talented than myself but.... who goes through all that work and leaves that hideous steering wheel? Those 4 spokes are...not good.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
12/15/20 5:19 p.m.

Poor choice of seats and upholstery for a back dated 911.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/15/20 5:50 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

If it was regular size houndstooth it would be okay, but I don't care for the giant size pattern.

I'm with this guy.  

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
12/15/20 5:51 p.m.

I dig the seats and door panels, the dash has to much going on fir me and I'm not a fan of the steering wheel color. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
12/15/20 5:55 p.m.

Thats just a stock 911 steering wheel that has been recovered , 

I  do not like the shade of blue , and the pattern on the dash is not a plus.

the pattern on the seats and door panels is OK , but not those colors .....

can someone do a black and white conversion to see what the interior looks like !

I wonder who picked the colors , do they have a "colorist"  like they do in Hollywood movies  , 

But its still a neat car........

Error404
Error404 Reader
12/15/20 6:07 p.m.

The doors are too much, I'd have switched up the pattern and played to one color or the other in a simpler way. I do, however, like it on the dash. My GTI is a 'special' color and they splashed it around the interior including some pieces on the dash and it's nice. Sitting at a stoplight or just cruising, enjoying a scenic view out the windshield like the good ole days of yore, and catch that splash of color on the wheel or dash that just helps bring my car into the moment. You don't get that from album art or EPG stats on your touchscreen.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/15/20 6:11 p.m.

The entire point of garish teal is you put it on the outside so the rest of the world is subjected to see it but you don't have to, this interior misses that point completely. So, that's a no from me. 

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/15/20 6:46 p.m.

I'd rock it, but not for $230,000....for that money a Singer looks better in every way. 

It's also impressive that the car apparently just floats in a pure-white magical cloud (one of my pet peeves, these heavily-enhanced photos that make cars look like they're CGI or models). 

R56fanatic (Forum Supporter)
R56fanatic (Forum Supporter) New Reader
12/15/20 9:06 p.m.

The exterior color is cool, the interior is retch-worthy.  Less is more.  Just an understated leather interior would have been so much better.  Not that I hae $230K to blow on an old 911, or any other car for that matter.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PvXXAvymY1FFt1ryvhORl8eF8yNtq0OJbnvayVDOLHJjstu9yMhs0ZTJghmOBKF3