impulsive
impulsive None
6/9/08 10:10 p.m.

I saw a car carrier full of these at a light in town on Friday:

apparently VW has proving grounds close by (in addition to Nissan, or they share a facility?). I generally don't keep up on newer cars but anything small and hatchy gets my attention. Looks to be about the size of a Fit or Aveo, guess they are coming to the US market?

dansxr2
dansxr2 New Reader
6/9/08 10:17 p.m.

I don't know but G40 Polo would be a fun DD

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/10/08 6:29 a.m.

No official release info yet but VW is launching a bunch of cars between now and 2010 including a pickup using the Touaregs drivetrain.

With the Passat, Passat Wagon, Jetta, Jetta Sportwagon, EOS, Rabbit, Beetle, Beetle Convertible, Touareg, Tiguan our dealership is full. They are adding the Passat CC, Routan, possibly a Polo, Scirocco and a truck... I will be a very busy guy.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/10/08 7:35 a.m.

ah yes.. the golf has gotten too big, lets bring the Polo over.

I just saw the release on the NEW 1 series. BMW is making it longer and wider... this cannot end well

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/10/08 7:59 a.m.

Mr. Brown,

Any idea if this will make it to the US? 69.9 mpg?!?

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/03/revealed-volksw.html

boofighter
boofighter HalfDork
6/10/08 11:29 a.m.
dyintorace wrote: Mr. Brown, Any idea if this will make it to the US? 69.9 mpg?!? http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/03/revealed-volksw.html

the guys and gals at Fifth Gear ( the other british car show) did a long term test to see if it would get the mileage that VW claimed and it did not come close. still better than gas or a bigger car, but about 20 30 % off.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
6/10/08 11:34 a.m.

Impulsive, EVERYONE has proving grounds near you.

And yeah, the Polo is pretty nice. Shame the Golf got so fat, though.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/10/08 2:24 p.m.
boofighter wrote:
the guys and gals at Fifth Gear ( the other british car show) did a long term test to see if it would get the mileage that VW claimed and it did not come close. still better than gas or a bigger car, but about 20 30 % off.
How did they test something that is not in production? From my reading, it is only a concept at this point.
boofighter
boofighter HalfDork
6/10/08 4:05 p.m.

in the UK they have had a version of the Polo for few years. So it might not be the exact same one as being referred to in the first post.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/10/08 4:50 p.m.

polo gti cup for me.... please

Volksroddin
Volksroddin New Reader
6/10/08 7:12 p.m.

I'd buy a Polo, a Polo gti would be fringin sweet.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jM25mFwuSA6wdPX1Un3SO27U3mgJEPlIb3NMQD4fUfIxZTP6JrnZoMEPv1ItABBx