1 2 3 ... 6
singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/19/14 8:00 p.m.

This is to quit jacking msdsms other thread.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/19/14 8:04 p.m.

Www.imscrewed.com lol. I'll start working. I have nine months to screw this up.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/19/14 8:05 p.m.

I'll help! I do VERY little at work.

Also, how is that web address not a thing?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/19/14 8:10 p.m.

Imnas shocked as you are. I feel like I should buy it and use it as a meme generator.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/19/14 8:20 p.m.

I was just searching Craigslist for wagons. There's about a dozen that would be perfect.
Make this happen so I have and excuse to buy another car.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
10/19/14 8:23 p.m.

I'm in.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
10/19/14 8:23 p.m.

Wagonfest is a real thing, but it's all BMWs.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/19/14 8:27 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Wagonfest is a real thing, but it's all BMWs.

nu-uh, wagonfest is a real thing but it's all b body gm's.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
10/19/14 8:43 p.m.

The only wagons on my cl are ford taurese and subarus and maybe a couple saturns. Weak, I need a cool wagon so I don't end up buying a small pickup

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
10/19/14 8:49 p.m.

There's a 90% chance that whatever I end up with will be for sale when I'm there. Guaranteed to be Texas rust free.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/14 9:07 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce: You have already topped out in wagon awesomeness, I think it is illegal for you to have a third.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/19/14 9:15 p.m.

So a wagon fest exists. I guess the real question is, how do we make this an event people want to do? I'm a guy with a corolla. I can only do so much.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/19/14 9:40 p.m.

If we find a space, I have some ideas for some silly car based games. Things like "slow autocross" where you use cut in half tennis balls as the cones and you set the gates impossibly close. You set a target time (so walking pace would be the speed) and you score points for hitting that time and missing the cones.
When we know where it is I can also hit google maps and work up a road rally and print out route books. I've never actually done it before, but how hard could it be?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
10/19/14 9:52 p.m.

There's a near mint 89 or 90 Camry V6 wagon in wholesale at my work...very tempting and super random! And it would be great for a road trip to MN!

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/19/14 10:15 p.m.

In reply to sethmeister4:

Grab it! You can drop a 3vz and e153 trans in there and have something pretty sweet.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/19/14 10:17 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: There's a 90% chance that whatever I end up with will be for sale when I'm there. Guaranteed to be Texas rust free.

if you do this, I may have to be in line. Can I request an old import of one type of another. I actually have my wife on board (looks wise) with a 71-74 Toyota Crown wagon. Sooo sweet.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/19/14 10:51 p.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: There's a near mint 89 or 90 Camry V6 wagon in wholesale at my work...very tempting and super random! And it would be great for a road trip to MN!

Do it....

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/19/14 11:05 p.m.

I have a Cherokee. That count?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/19/14 11:09 p.m.

Allow me to be srsly for a moment before the drugs kick in. I have some experience running events of this nature, as well as managing car clubs and websites. Theres a reason i don't own Mnmazda anymore or associate with it, let's just say that. That being said-

I would like to see something like this happen. I think it has the potential to work. I know wagon monkeys of every ilk, from rally dudes to stancetards and everyone in between. I don't actually think it would be that hard to out them together. Mopar brought up a point that I think could be kind of fun. He requested vans be allowed. I am inclined to do so. I sort of like the idea of a "wagons west" if you will, but with famiry cars. Wagons, minivans, 4 door hatches, full size vans. No SUVs. Well, maybe SUVs. Spin it like a june cleaver meets Betty page style. Get some rods out, and so on. Have multiple events to participate in, like the slowcross that Mr. Deuce suggested. Limbo contests are popular too. Food is a cakewalk in this town, get a couple food trucks on premises and you're golden. Sites are fairly easy as well.... I know of a few places that have potential, as well as places that have held larger events before. Beer is a wildcard. We have arguably some of the best beer in the country here. However, I don't know how liquor licenses work, or what sort of can of worms I could open getting beer on site. Sponsors wouldn't be too hard I don't think, I would just go back to the well from my old days, and actually use the contacts from the people I sold my old site to.

Here's the problem. While this is all great in theory, I'm terrible at execution. I tend to try and do too much with too little and then it explodes and burns down. If I do this, and my name and my friends names end up on it, I would absolutely need for it to be successful. I'm not saying I don't trust you guys- I absolutely do, more so than any of the local jabronis. But if we are serious, we gotta be serious. I definitely don't have the capital to bankroll a venture like this only to have it burn down like I used to. I'm not going to ask for handouts. But I will need help. Due to the nature of my schedule, mini mndsm keeps me busy most times during the day, and he is a handful. He's 3 and has a 6 pack. Srsly. So, while I am happy to do floor scouting and any logistics that can be done on odd hours, I may need help with day duties, phone calls and the like. Beyond that, I know who all the big players use for venue stuff like hotels and whatnot, im sure we can do the same.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/19/14 11:09 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I have a Cherokee. That count?

Put some wood panel vinyl on it and I'll allow it.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
10/20/14 6:59 a.m.

Mazda calls my 5 a wagon, not sure it counts though...

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
10/20/14 7:32 a.m.

A. I'm president of the local SDAC chapter and helped plan an event once

B. Who still says jabroni anyway?

C. There is a modded newer minivan crowd that could possibly be lured.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/20/14 7:53 a.m.

Ok guys, I sent mndsm a message offering up what help I could from 1400 miles away. The rest of you who want to see this happen, especially those that are geographically close enough to help more, send him a message, offer up what you can, and for the love of god, follow through. This could be awesome, but only if we make it awesome.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
10/20/14 8:00 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: A. I'm president of the local SDAC chapter and helped plan an event once B. Who still says jabroni anyway? C. There is a modded newer minivan crowd that could possibly be lured.

Own a Protege5, (maybe a wagon?) and am contemplating a Sedona... To be modded of course!

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
10/20/14 8:00 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: A. I'm president of the local SDAC chapter and helped plan an event once B. Who still says jabroni anyway? C. There is a modded newer minivan crowd that could possibly be lured.

Own a Protege5, (maybe a wagon?) and am contemplating a Sedona... To be modded of course!

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ft9eZxoZYed0VrNYWTlsk6VU6nf4L3SNKbZjrmxzzimxXj3gpSuVy2QFQzYZbHH7