1 2 3 4 5 6
mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/20/14 11:03 a.m.
singleslammer wrote: Americana - Long roofs and Pie. Something along that lines maybe?

Only problem with Americana is it could alienate people by making it seem like this is a celebration of just american wagons instead of an all inclusive wagon/van lovefest.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
10/20/14 11:08 a.m.

Hearses welcome!

[URL=http://s265.photobucket.com/user/derekrichardson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-84.jpg.html][/URL]

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/20/14 11:33 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Good point. I want all Long roofs from all nations to feel welcome!

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/20/14 11:33 a.m.

This thread has made me look for ANOTHER wagon. I found a promising saturn LW200.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 11:41 a.m.

This oughtta be good, y'all are gonna dredge up stuff I totally forgot about. All because I bought a corolla.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 11:45 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
singleslammer wrote: Americana - Long roofs and Pie. Something along that lines maybe?
Only problem with Americana is it could alienate people by making it seem like this is a celebration of just american wagons instead of an all inclusive wagon/van lovefest.

Yeah, the Americana vibe is good, using the name might be bad for the import crowd. And since I am the import crowd.... I like where its going though.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/20/14 1:23 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Im currently in said crowd as well. I did some looking it definitely looks like the imports are ignored by the wagon loving internet at large.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 1:32 p.m.

And that is a crying shame since some of the best wagons are Japanese. Nissan tallwagon anyone?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 1:35 p.m.

Miyuki Presents: Longroofs, People movers, and Apple pie, a celebration of Americas workhorses. Seems kinda wordy, but I sorta dig it. And its miyukis fault this is all happening.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/20/14 1:43 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Miyuki Presents: Longroofs, People movers, and Apple pie, a celebration of Americas workhorses. Seems kinda wordy, but I sorta dig it. And its miyukis fault this is all happening.

What about just "Miyuki Presents: Longroofs, People movers, and Apple pie"? The Miyuki part might throw people but I like the idea.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 2:16 p.m.

That could work. I figure if there's a poster or whatever we can out miyuki on it.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/20/14 2:45 p.m.

I'd get rid of the Myuki Presents. I know the back story and it still took me a minute.
I do like "Longroofs, People Movers, and Apple Pie"

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
10/20/14 3:03 p.m.

Special Guests Chevy Chase and Beverly D' Angelo May 13 and 14. As seen on TV: The Family Truckster!

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
10/20/14 3:38 p.m.

well I am interested. hell I may even tow the unicorn wagon with the truck wagon for maximum wagonness.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 3:46 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I'd get rid of the Myuki Presents. I know the back story and it still took me a minute. I do like "Longroofs, People Movers, and Apple Pie"

I think you're right. So. For now were gonna name it longroofs, people movers and apple pie.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 3:54 p.m.

Also, I may have a local club on board. So local exposure to bring in folks.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
10/20/14 4:23 p.m.

"Wagon Wheels" is an awesome name; you are a haul from me but I would give it the old college try.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 4:27 p.m.

Wagon wheels is excellent. The problem lies in the fact that if were spinning this as the anti show show, wagon wheels can limit traffic to...wagons. I like the old west posted tho.

As far as being a haul, if this event works, we could easily do longroofs north and longroofs south.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
10/20/14 4:41 p.m.

I feel like food trucks should be involved in this also.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
10/20/14 4:47 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Also, I may have a local club on board. So local exposure to bring in folks.

This is good. Locals always make up the bulk of any show. Even if this is an anti show.

Longroofs and Apple Pie.

dropstep
dropstep Reader
10/20/14 4:49 p.m.

id need a site location(atleast a town name) so i can see how feasible the drive will be. i may even leave the 3.08 geared rear in it until after this if it becomes a real thing so i dont kill it on the highway!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 5:04 p.m.
dropstep wrote: id need a site location(atleast a town name) so i can see how feasible the drive will be. i may even leave the 3.08 geared rear in it until after this if it becomes a real thing so i dont kill it on the highway!

Call it st Paul MN. It'll be 15min from there give or take.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/14 5:05 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: I feel like food trucks should be involved in this also.

That's a given. We'll get them on board for sure.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/20/14 5:23 p.m.

I just need to swap a 4g63t in the summit and drive it out.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
10/20/14 5:46 p.m.
EvanB wrote: I just need to swap a 4g63t in the summit and drive it out.

We could "caravan" our wagovans

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xa8tMWxuCEHBM9ejycbtKnbsbY6W4916fXqhuNCqfOu6Yvwe7DWDnSkvnuaDohBL