rbankracing_com
rbankracing_com None
8/4/08 11:20 p.m.

Hello All,

Drop me a line if you are interested in driving in the upcoming 24 Hours of LeMons in Toledo, Ohio. We have one driver spot currently open for the right candidate. We would prefer a driver with verifiable wheel to wheel racing experience, but like most race teams we will consider all applicants based on merit and/or funding.

The good news is we are a veteran team and all you will have to do is arrive and drive. The good news/bad news is the car is competitive but is a bit ~ahem~ "fragile". We were leading for a long stretch at the beginning of the recent LeMons South event before succumbing to mechanical woes. Some on this board have said our type of car can't win at this sort event -- Would you like to help us prove them wrong?

I can be reached at the following email address if you are interested in joining our team:

robinbank@rbankracing.com

Best regards,

Robin Bank

Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/5/08 3:06 a.m.

We'll see you at Toledo Rob, it'll be nice to have a face to associate with the car we're passing! What problems did the Saab give you at CMP? For the sake of the guys buying seat time, hopefully those knuckleheads from CA don't have anything to do with the car prep these days!

Bryce

EricM
EricM Reader
8/5/08 9:00 a.m.
rbankracing_com wrote: Hello All, .........24 Hours of LeMons ..... We have one driver spot currently open for the right candidate. We would prefer a driver with verifiable wheel to wheel racing experience, ......... will consider all applicants based on merit and/or funding.

Oh man! that last sentance saved you from my wrath.

I was GOING TO SAY somethign about a $500 car race and having to be a Rock Star to get seat time, but you recovered well with "Merit and Funding".

So you escaped my rant.

Good luck with the event and with finding a driver, I am sure you will find a driver.

EricM

rbankracing_com
rbankracing_com New Reader
8/5/08 11:47 a.m.

Hello Again Everybody,

To all potential teammates who have responded I will be emailing each of you individually very soon.

Hey Bryce,

You sound very confident! It should be a fun event and I too am sure we will see each other on the track. Who will be passing who is yet to be seen... But ultimately it is who goes further and not who passes who that matters and we are still working on reliability as you know so you may have a leg up. But, I do recall your team didn’t actually finish the race last year at Flat Rock so hopefully you too are hard at work… A little pre-race rivalry is fun!

You asked what put us out at CMP -- brake problems. CMP proved to be very hard on brakes and we were unfortunately woefully under prepared for the stresses that particular track would put on the braking system. Our previous experience led us to believe our brakes were up to the task but alas they were not. Other teams suffered similar fates so we were not alone in underestimating that area of need.

All prep for the east coast races is done here on the east coast and I can assure that the car will be prepped to a suitable level.

Hello Eric,

I am glad I avoided your wrath! We do indeed judge on driving talent and not just funding. A proven winner in some form of upper echelon wheel to wheel racing could be totally funded by us. In fact, currently our lead driver for this event (Not me!) has a full ride although he and his team are providing technical assistance. Unfortunately there are not many drivers with that sort of resume out looking for LeMons rides. In addition, I am not aware of many other teams that do not require some funding from their drivers. And, while the car was indeed under $500 the actual budget to run these events is substantially higher than that number as I'm sure you are aware. It is a racing reality that teams at all levels of racing judge by talent and funding or marketability and my team is no different.

And really, as a driver would you really want a free ride for a team that doesn't have the budget for the things they need to compete effectively at the chosen racing level?

Thanks for the well wishes and for not yelling at me!

Sincerely,

Rob

Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/5/08 12:22 p.m.
rbankracing_com wrote: Hey Bryce, You sound very confident! It should be a fun event and I too am sure we will see each other on the track. Who will be passing who is yet to be seen... But ultimately it is who goes further and not who passes who that matters and we are still working on reliability as you know so you may have a leg up. But, I do recall your team didn’t actually finish the race last year at Flat Rock so hopefully you too are hard at work… A little pre-race rivalry is fun!

Yup, just some smack talk...I'm confident we'll have fun passing you, I never said anything about beating you, I can only be so confident with a $500 piece of crap! We didn't finish at Detroit, our Achieva came off the track around 14 hours in with a trashed radiator after one of our guys plowed into a bunch of stuff (he was getting horribly fatigued, shouldn't have been out there anymore) and went back out with a fixed cooling system and a rod knock. Doh! It was fun while it lasted though, that SCX hauled ass, reliability was lacking but fun was not! Of course, you're conveniently forgetting our wimpy little Subaru effort at Thunderhill whuppin' on you guys too...where we actually finished the race. My girlfriend (who drove with us) would like to point out that you got beat by a girl in a station wagon...ha!

Bryce

rbankracing_com
rbankracing_com New Reader
8/5/08 12:36 p.m.

Hey Bryce,

I was the "ride buyer" at Thunderhill and didn't have anything to do with the prep on that machine so I will not take any responsibility for its reliability shortcomings!

However, I congratulate you and your girlfriend for beating us in that race nonetheless.

See you in the Glass City.

Later,

Rob

dculberson
dculberson New Reader
8/5/08 2:56 p.m.

Rob, I just dropped you an email. I'm probably not in the right "class" for you, since I've never raced before. But I'd be enthusiastic, which has to count for something. It's more likely I'd fit in a "in it for the fun" team rather than a "in it to win it" team. But I'd put in 110%.

Cue Dusting Hoffman: "I'm an excellent driver..."

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
8/5/08 6:59 p.m.

when is the race? I have never done eny wheel to wheel racing. But would like to help your team at least the pitts.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rWdPKkHiFDMx6zQjCFaGVwWN1DrILc7vjQPQMJBq9Pfv0tRlFj40z2p4rx1FCAXi