1 ... 5 6 7 8
tb
tb GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/15/15 9:17 a.m.

Is there any info on the actual schedule for the mitty? I checked the event page but that section has not been updated yet...

Time is getting short to finish up our projects and make the trek down south so I am trying to get some planning done. Even simple info like when the gates open up to let us campers in and what time they kick us all out would help.

I saw the specifics about the skid pad challenge have been settled but since I am one of the "run what you brung" crowd I will probably need to plan out a few changes after the 12 hour drive there.

Thanks!

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
3/17/15 8:36 a.m.

Canoe alert! WHOOOOOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
3/17/15 8:53 a.m.

Thanks, unevolved. Canoe has been sunk.

In reply to tb:

We don't have a firm schedule set for the Mitty yet. But we are close. I think Rick has that on his plate this week.

Ed Higginbotham
3/23/15 3:34 p.m.

We just got this entry for the Traqmate Skidpad Challenge. Am I the only one drooling?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
3/30/15 9:36 a.m.

I will check to ensure it won't hurt the engine with the issues Stan commented on but what would you guys say to this having a run?

photo 11081389_10204006364695061_4760088937026533598_n_zpsdofwh9d9.jpg

Ed Higginbotham
3/30/15 10:15 a.m.

Do it!

Ed Higginbotham
4/1/15 8:35 a.m.

I just talked to Rick and we don't have as many entries as we'd like. Tell your friends!

Coming to the Mitty? This event is free to join.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
4/1/15 9:57 a.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: We just got this entry for the Traqmate Skidpad Challenge. Am I the only one drooling?

The date wouldn't have anything to do with this entry would it? If not that's cool

Ed Higginbotham
4/1/15 1:02 p.m.

The date? Like April fools? No sir.

Ed Higginbotham
4/2/15 3:25 p.m.
GPDren
GPDren Reader
4/6/15 3:07 p.m.

If the vehicle I enter can't make it for some reason can a substitute vehicle be used? I have an E30 I really want to bring but I'm starting to question if it will be ready. Thankfully I have a good fallback vehicle that could be run in the same class...if it's allowed.

Ed Higginbotham
4/6/15 3:26 p.m.

In reply to GPDren:

I'm going to say yes for now. Unless you hear otherwise, that will be the answer. Thanks for joining!

Bring friends and see whose car grips best.

GPDren
GPDren Reader
4/6/15 5:07 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham:

Sounds good, I'll get the entry form done.

Thanks

tb
4/19/15 10:17 a.m.

I forget, did I ever officially notify you guys that I am definitely out? Well, I am now... not going to make it this year...

I mailed in a registration months ago when I planned to bring my e30 down but now you will have one less car in the track prep(?) class (SM car that is really a DP car but with massive aero that could have actually been called a resto-mod I suppose).

Of course, I gave my ticket to a GRMer so you will have one more car for the unlimited class (I think) to deal with. I have never been good at dealing with classes, that is for you guys to figure out.

Sorry to mess with any organizing and structuring at the last minute but I know that everyone can understand when life gets in the way of playtime.

Ed Higginbotham
4/20/15 2:55 p.m.

In reply to tb:

No problem. Hope to see you there next year!

And in other news: As of today, we have trophies!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/20/15 5:05 p.m.

I forgot to send you my registration.

Can I email it to you, or should I mail it?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/20/15 8:54 p.m.

I guess I'll be there ;)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/20/15 9:05 p.m.

Emailed registration to Rick.

Hope that works.

See you guys there!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/21/15 7:25 a.m.

Dumb last minute question....

Is there a helmet requirement? If so M or SA? Will there be loaners? My only helmet is an M and I'm pretty sure its out of date.

tb
4/21/15 8:39 a.m.

In reply to JThw8:

Requirement or no; you really should be wearing a helmet in that thing. Even an outdated M is infinitely better than nothing and I would consider eye protection a very good idea too.

I have a current and comfortable SA that you are free to borrow if nothing else is available. I tend to go overboard on safety stuff and you can borrow my fire suit/gloves/shoes/socks, etc. and even a fire bottle w/ metal bracket, too if so inclined.

Be safe, everyone!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/21/15 8:42 a.m.

Yeah, I'll take my M if nothing else. It has a face shield, eye protection is a must. If I can get to an MC shop this week I may just get a new helmet anyway.

Fire bottle install is on the final plans this week. I don't like burning.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/21/15 9:15 a.m.

In reply to JThw8:

If you flip over and catch on fire we'll put you out after we shut off our videos.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/21/15 9:19 a.m.
hobiercr wrote: In reply to JThw8: If you flip over and catch on fire we'll put you out after we shut off our videos.

very comforting :)

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/21/15 9:45 a.m.

In reply to JThw8:

You know I'm kidding. I can't wait to see this thing run!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/21/15 10:07 a.m.
hobiercr wrote: In reply to JThw8: You know I'm kidding. I can't wait to see this thing run!

I know...thus the smiley face. Depending on the generosity of our hosts and the life expectancy of the battery you can do more than see it run, bring a helmet.

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oyZ5fbfLJ5dDnwwsCNIEYzfkKLh71ieI88qhWzBP975yWSnFzqK62nETcyqTcPYq