2/15/16 12:52 p.m.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
2/15/16 12:54 p.m.

He will be missed for sure

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
2/15/16 12:55 p.m.

I never met Walter, but he was a friendly presence both here and on Facebook. I just "talked" to him on Thursday, when he posted something on my page – the last conversation we had was one where he made me feel good. You'll be missed Walter

Brian
Brian MegaDork
2/15/16 12:58 p.m.

Rest in peace, thanks for the pilotis. berkeleying cancer.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/16 1:02 p.m.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/15/16 1:08 p.m.

We're losing people faster than I can get a chance to meet them. All I get to do is read their posts. Another good one gone too soon....

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/15/16 1:13 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Man, he was posting just a few days ago. I had no idea. RIP.

Yea, pretty sure I was reading fresh posts from him on Friday. I knew he wasn't in the best of shape but this news still comes as a pretty big shock. Just goes to show you never know when your time may come I guess. Just gotta enjoy the ride while it lasts. Best wishes to him and his loved ones

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/15/16 1:23 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Dude had a better attitude at his end than I do on a daily basis. Probably a lesson there somewhere.

This. RIP Walter.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/16 1:30 p.m.

Damn, another long-time forum member, pillar of the community and all-around great guy gone RIP

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/15/16 1:49 p.m.

Stupid cancer.

Type Q
Type Q Dork
2/15/16 1:50 p.m.

I am saddened to hear Walter has passed on. I will miss his contributions here. I am happy we had him as part of this community as long as we did.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
2/15/16 1:51 p.m.

I never met the man, but if he was like everyone else on here I wish I had.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
2/15/16 1:56 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk:

I met him several times and had a couple conversations with him. Although I never introduced myself to him as being on the forums.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
2/15/16 2:10 p.m.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
2/15/16 2:24 p.m.

Well, just crap this happens way too often
RIP Walter

KyAllroad
KyAllroad SuperDork
2/15/16 2:25 p.m.

Dammit. Goodbye Walter, may you enjoy the grand racetrack in the sky. You'll be missed.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/16 2:34 p.m.

It's been a sad day.

There are a few people in this world, that make this a better place just by being here. When they pass on, the entire world seems a little bleaker, a little colder, and just not quite as fun. Walter was one of those people.

Walter was one of those guys I always looked forward to talking to at events. He was a lot like Mike in that regard. Just a genuinely good person. Fun to talk to, fun to be around. He always had a word of encouragement for anyone who needed it. I honestly believe he had no enemies and was willing to be friends with all.

Walter, you will be sorely missed. The Southeastern region has lost another great man.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/15/16 4:16 p.m.

Man, that sucks . Very sorry to hear this.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
2/15/16 4:29 p.m.

Sad news, Walter as a good friend and will be missed.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/16 4:46 p.m.

I will miss him.

Never met him but when he typed I listened.

The Hive is one man down.

He will be missed.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Reader
2/15/16 4:56 p.m.

failboat
failboat UberDork
2/15/16 5:08 p.m.

Wow. I didn't really know him all that well but just last week we were bouncing a few emails back and forth about cb radios (because of the recent thread here)

:/ sad

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/15/16 5:31 p.m.

Rip.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
2/15/16 5:32 p.m.

Sad news. Losing too many good people! RIP Walter.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
2/15/16 5:38 p.m.

Race In Paradise (RIP) Walter.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EqNpK4yZNf7J9a8ASaT8YafMeclYMTf8nEBOFm1ubCKzMN9iB9TESbLEOKiiWlxg