1 2 3
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
7/27/11 9:39 a.m.

Traded the ZAV for a 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII yesterday. Was previously owned by a Mark VIII enthusiast. Typical air-ride problem, so its ON THE GROUND! Has a set of Flowmasters on it, sounds so wicked!

Future plans: put a airtank in the trunk and run switches in the center console to raise and lower it, bushings, alignment, take all the chrome and black it out.

total cruiser car. I love it...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/27/11 9:47 a.m.

You do realsie that in certian circles people would pay huge $$$ for that slamed look.

Add spinners.. . . . ok I will stop. It is a slow day at work.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
7/27/11 9:54 a.m.

Awesome . I've been a fan of these odd-ball cars since reading a review in an old issue of Australian car mag 'Motor', where the journalists were normally totally critical of American cars, but they loved the MkVIII.

RossD
RossD SuperDork
7/27/11 9:58 a.m.

I was thinking of these and the similar t-birds, that a turbo or two in the place of the mufflers would be kind of cool. But no one on this forum would probably agree with me...

DukeOfUndersteer
7/27/11 10:05 a.m.

I love this site. If i would have posted this on any other car site, i would have been ridiculed by everyone. Here, total opposite

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/27/11 10:10 a.m.

the VIII was a really pretty car.

I like your idea of making the airride manual and approve

DukeOfUndersteer
7/27/11 10:15 a.m.

Yea, the air ride kit is like $1500 on Ebay shipped, so one weekend with a lift and some beer = instant Dr Dre car "hittin the switches!" (i know, meant for hydraulics...)

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
7/27/11 10:18 a.m.

I loved the center taillight treatment too. the way that whole bar lit up is awesome.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
7/27/11 10:31 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Future plans: put a airtank in the trunk and run switches in the center console to raise and lower it, bushings, alignment, take all the chrome and black it out.

I approve . . .

So how you like that motor

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
7/27/11 10:32 a.m.

Needs a manual trans......

DukeOfUndersteer
7/27/11 10:37 a.m.

Motor is epically epic!! Sounds so deep and hungry. Think a little K&N would do it good. Yes, it does need a manual. If the auto dies, i would figure out a way to swap one in.

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
7/27/11 10:44 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Motor is epically epic!! Sounds so deep and hungry. Think a little K&N would do it good. Yes, it does need a manual. If the auto dies, i would figure out a way to swap one in.

Like this: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=12037 ?

Raze
Raze Dork
7/27/11 11:09 a.m.

Knew a guy at college 10 years ago that had a T56 swapped in, For all the difficulty he said it wasn't worth it given how porky the car is, but still pretty sweet if you ask me.

Instead of air suspension you know there are full conversion kits to standard coils right? Arnott Industries has what you need whether you convert or stay bagged. I used them on my Cadillac Eldorado, they have sensor bypasses and everything, pretty slick kit, cheap, and good quality, as they're either made wholly or assembled and tested here in the US. Their facility is down in Cape Canaveral FL.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
7/27/11 11:16 a.m.

I likey. 32v 4.6 is a fun motor, and if it's not enough grunt (which it isn't, the b-port sucks down low) you can always get an S/C kit for a '96-98 Cobra

dimarra
dimarra Dork
7/27/11 11:23 a.m.

I converted our M-VIII to coils using parts from an MN-12 'Bird I already had in the yard.

The front was bolt-on.

The rear required a couple of easy-to-make centering adapters.

...and they look better with SC wheels.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/27/11 11:53 a.m.

4.6 DOHC motor is a great one, and loves boost!

DukeOfUndersteer
7/27/11 11:58 a.m.

think a set of SVT Cobra wheels would fit the bill

dimarra
dimarra Dork
7/27/11 12:20 p.m.

Those wheels would look awesome!

You'll need to change the bolt pattern, though.

DukeOfUndersteer
7/27/11 12:20 p.m.

are they not 5x114?

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
7/27/11 12:24 p.m.

5x4.25 like the 89-up T-birds. But a hub/rotor swap is easy peasy.

DukeOfUndersteer
7/27/11 12:26 p.m.

ah. Big thanks for the info. Ignorant me would have bought a set just to find out they dont bolt up

RossD
RossD SuperDork
7/27/11 12:29 p.m.

Edit: I'm slow.

5x108. Not a lot of choices.

Or get these: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8397

and find a way to swap the fronts too. It could be as easy as swaping hubs, but IDKAT...

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro New Reader
7/27/11 12:29 p.m.

Just swap out the hubs/rotors for Cobra stuff (not sure which years to use), then you have access to low cost Mustang wheels and brakes.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
7/27/11 12:39 p.m.

A j-mod will improve your opinion of that transmission. A lot.

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
7/27/11 12:46 p.m.
81cpcamaro wrote: Just swap out the hubs/rotors for Cobra stuff (not sure which years to use), then you have access to low cost Mustang wheels and brakes.

Fronts are 94-04 and the rears are 99-01, but only with the IRS.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oRMPuzKpcg1ozG8rLVYE0DrKTsfaWVYOaQXCxZ4NdDX1YelwKcmJZLWN5mJOyCiu