1 2
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
1/7/16 5:48 p.m.

You better be careful. If she figures out how to get stuff off high shelves too, you are next to worthless.

Beltwise, you should go eyeball it and make sure the pivot on the tensioner hasn't started to wear and let the pulley go out of line, allowing the belt run crooked. Often, the squeak is the ribs scraping on the sides of the pulley grooves.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
1/7/16 6:35 p.m.

Will she come up and fix my Nissan truck? It's making a belt like squealing noise. I have replaced belts several times over the years. It does have an appetite for belts.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
1/7/16 8:37 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: That right there is what we in the business call a "keeper".

^That!

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/7/16 10:42 p.m.

Our vans belt started squealing upon startup and it turned out to be a leaking valve cover gasket on the back side of the engine at the front bottom corner. once I installed new gaskets, problem solved. Took us a year to not find it but took it to a shop and a great mechanic figured it out quickly. So check for leaks too.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
1/8/16 1:32 a.m.

I think Mrs. Toyman has earned the right to her own Grassroots Motorsports forum account. :-)

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie HalfDork
1/8/16 6:02 a.m.
DWNSHFT wrote: I think Mrs. Toyman has earned the right to her own Grassroots Motorsports forum account. :-)

Funny that you say that, I thought she had one already.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
1/8/16 6:36 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

Either you are about to be decommissioned or she has better ways for you to spend your free time?

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/8/16 8:54 a.m.

Man, you'd better go make the lids on all the jars in your house really tight really quick...

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/16 3:29 p.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte:

Here I thought I would just be a man of leisure.

Maybe I better go cook dinner instead.

In reply to Hungary Bill:

Good idea.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/8/16 8:11 p.m.
ebonyandivory wrote: She won me over with this: "It didn't overheat, lose power steering, or A/C, I think it's the alternator,"

QFT!

Toymanswife
Toymanswife New Reader
1/11/16 12:51 p.m.

She has one.

DWNSHFT wrote: I think Mrs. Toyman has earned the right to her own Grassroots Motorsports forum account. :-)

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/16 3:06 p.m.

So I am thinking we should now be directing our automotive related questions to Toymanswife from now on?

kb58
kb58 Dork
1/11/16 8:19 p.m.

To the OP, how do you know that the majority here aren't women?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/16 8:34 p.m.

In reply to kb58:

Not a chance. The few women that do hang out here get tired of our E36 M3 on a fairly regular basis.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/11/16 8:42 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: In reply to kb58: Not a chance. The few women that do hang out here get tired of our E36 M3 on a fairly regular basis.

Sooooo, just like real life.

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
1/11/16 9:03 p.m.

Mrs. Motomoron called from work one day with a quandary. She'd gotten a right front flat on a wicked DC pothole right by the office, and knowing the tire was toast, had crept into the garage to a space. The problem was that the wheel was stuck on. Before I could say anything she said "First I used the spare as a battering ram, and that didn't break it loose. So I put the car back on the ground with the lug nuts just cracked loose and drove around the garage. It's really stuck on there..."

I went down to pick her up and brought a MAPP torch, a piece of 2x4 and a 16# sledge. It took all of that to get it off.

She's beyond keeper. My race effort would be a failure without her as crew chief.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F0VKvbrIUsInVVQXcQ5tgSxwfEtwj5GksSgSPoATFxbdWLfGUocF6dr4gyPyOuBw