Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/15/17 10:38 a.m.
feature_image

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week. We have been covering this ever-growing and truly magnificent week-long slate of activities since 1989. We’re back for another go-around.

This year’s trip is going to start with a drive in a nearly new, 8000-original-mile 1980 BMW M1 that is being offered by Canepa. They’re located near Monterey in …

Read the rest of the story

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
8/15/17 1:10 p.m.

...and while y'all are having fun up north, I'm holding the fort here at Autobooks-Aerobooks. Everybody else from the store is in Monterey.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
8/15/17 2:47 p.m.

Did anyone else read the title as "We're back in Monterey for a car wreck"?

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/16/17 3:46 p.m.

Are Saturday and Sunday totally insane? I've already used up my vacation time.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/16/17 4:16 p.m.

If you could post a screaming crapload of pictures, it would be appreciated.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/16/17 4:25 p.m.
Kreb wrote: Are Saturday and Sunday totally insane? I've already used up my vacation time.

Yes, Sat and Sun are completely insane..... Sat busier than Sun. That said, you should still try to make it. The races and open paddock at Mazda Raceway-- Laguna Seca are worth it alone!

Traffic will be bad.....really bad, but if you stay out of Monterey and Carmel, you can get by. The machinery gathered at the track is absolutely mind-bending.

Wanna see (and get up close and personal) with a 50's pontoon fendered Ferrari Testarossa? How about a Cobra Daytona Coupe? Maybe a D-Type Jaguar is more your style, or a pre-war Alfa.....or Mark Donohue's Trans-Am Camaro? All will be there, and much, much more. It's a series of events unlike anything else in the world.

Monterey's Car Week is a must-do for anyone who loves cars, and the history behind them.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/16/17 4:43 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

It's a 2-hour drive from my house on a good day. If I leave by 6, I should be able to beat the traffic and get my lawn chair set up for the first heat at 8:30, right?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c7AyaB4LIi8UsvpmjAzuoTWllKSGlY1rk3YiExvgGV6eHU12tsHRyuKcMRtMsRtE