1 2 3 4 ... 44
AndreGT6
AndreGT6 SuperDork
8/7/13 7:34 a.m.

Ordered new jets for the weber carbs on the race car. Prepping it for the next race in September. So on going technical inspections and setup.

Finishing off the interior work on the sport car while I wait for the brake caliper to be fixed. Might get her back on the road in 2013.

Then the honey do list exploded in my face. Decks are great things till you need to stain them...

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/7/13 7:43 a.m.

Ordered expensive coilovers for the track car.

But actually in the garage? Haven't done anything lately.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/7/13 7:44 a.m.

tire wet

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/13 1:09 p.m.

Sanding, Sanding, Sanding. I can only do a little bit at a time with my shoulder. It just cannot hold the Dewalt orbital sander over my head -and- apply pressure at the same for very long. After an hour of doing this, I am ready to call it a day and soak my shoulder in a hot bath.

So this is really three days worth of work. Between the shoulder, work, and rain, I am slowly working my way forward. I hope to reach the bow by the weekend. Then comes the repairs, fixing the old repairs, and the high build epoxy primer to cover over the crazed gelcoat and get her smooth and stronger than before.

But to be honest, I would rather work on 50 year old fibreglass than rusty italian steel

redhookfern
redhookfern Reader
8/7/13 1:15 p.m.

Cleaned up the car a bit last night, took some photos, and listed it up for sale here

Time for a new project to report on.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
8/7/13 1:19 p.m.

I ordered some parts for my CSX build the other day, and the last of them should be showing up today.

I've been neglecting it for a while due to the lack of time and funds, so it will be nice to get the ball rolling again. I hope to hear it run soon. It hasn't run or been on the road for almost 10 years!

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
8/7/13 2:09 p.m.

Just normal maintenance on the DD's, oil changes on the Dak and Av within the past few weeks and new rear pads and rotors for the Av today. The inner pads were wore down to the backing plates.

Any other projects are on hold until next year. So, I just give anything in the yard the evil eye.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/7/13 2:43 p.m.

drove mine to work.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
8/7/13 3:15 p.m.

Just got a new set of Hawk HPS pads and a fluid change on the C4. Feels better than the stock pads so far, will find out at our next track day later this month. Waiting for the rain to stop, so the mud will dry up (I live on a dirt road) so I can drive her some more before winter hits in November.

Found out that new Toyo R1Rs actually work pretty well on a muddy, steep dirt road. Good thing, I had to make it home yesterday.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
8/7/13 5:49 p.m.

Drove the Corvette like I hate it on the way home, felt good. Banging off the rev limiter on 1,2, and 3 on the onramps, triple digit speeds. Getting sideways from a 20 MPH roll on 305 wide drag radials when it came into boost. That sweet exhaust note. Great times!

This evening I am going to finish laundry then tackle two burned out bulbs in the HVAC module.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
8/7/13 5:58 p.m.

I just picked up a starter I've needed for two months; may even find the impetus to put it in after I teach my wife to drive the manual Mazda.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/13 5:59 p.m.

I put half a quart of oil in the engine and about a half inch of tire tread as track marks between home and work... For the second time this week, and it's only Wednesday

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
8/7/13 7:02 p.m.

I sold my WRX

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/7/13 7:10 p.m.

Wired in a relay for the HEI distributor and cleaned up some underhood wire on my YJ

t25torx
t25torx Reader
8/7/13 7:18 p.m.

I actually managed to pull the project boat out from under it's water filled cover and started to get it to dry out. I ordered the fiberglass for the floor repairs yesterday. I also got a little side project done, my son wanted his SC10 RC truck done up like a police truck, I think it turned out pretty sweet.

http://youtu.be/jJYLuLesGqw

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/7/13 7:27 p.m.

Received some parts in the mail, a wonderful pile of boxes waiting for my return. I also ordered another gauge.

All for the RX5.0

I might even run it for fun tonight.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
8/7/13 7:30 p.m.

I have revived my starlet build. In the last three days I have pulled the starlet front suspension and stripped my SHO engine for fitment testing. Not sure what I'm going to do tonight but I'll bring playing with it somehow.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/7/13 7:38 p.m.

Ordered more parts, front 11" SuperMiata BBK with Carbotech pads for it and the eventual Powerlite setup in the back.

logdog
8/7/13 8:02 p.m.
logdog wrote: Wired in a relay for the HEI distributor and cleaned up some underhood wire on my YJ

I was premature in my celebration. I wired it so once the relay was activated, it stayed on when the switch is turned off. I will straighten it out tomorrow

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
8/7/13 8:19 p.m.

Replaced the chain and sprockets on the TwinStar. Runs like butta.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
8/7/13 8:39 p.m.

picked up the filter for the front carb, and some engine degreaser to start cleaning the engine for detailing. I'm going to start with cleaning and painting the oil pan If that works, I'll try the block.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/13 6:25 a.m.

Measured the trunk to see if it would fit in the Focus. It did, so I told the seller of a fiberglass trunk I'd be down today to pick it up.

It was already sold.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/8/13 8:52 a.m.

changed the speedo gear in the elky. changed the zerk fittings sl i could actually lube the front end. fixed the bad ground in the duster AC killed ants in the subaru started porting the neon head.

logdog
8/8/13 9:08 p.m.

I only had a little time tonight so I spent 15 minutes putting away tools and cleaning up the garage a bit.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/8/13 9:14 p.m.

I took a pic of them and then started a thread on here titled "How many broken race cars do you have?".

Then I opened some beer and walked back out of the garage in disgust.

1 2 3 4 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XML5hUbE2JtSccynRN7yrC5wW2sqaer5yPGI0xYYVA2HbOehNVc1ZHFSYzYyhikE