1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 44
rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
4/5/14 4:54 p.m.

Put on the new rims and tires (to me) with the help of my daughter. Can't wait to give the car and wheels a proper clean.

ARE Wheels

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
4/5/14 7:24 p.m.

For the Corolla, I dropped the transmission to extract a broken bolt fromt tail housing.

Found out the clutch was just replaced . . . Tons of material on the disc . . . WOOWHOO!! But . . . (there is always a but), the real main seal was leaking . . . Eh . . . better now than later

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/5/14 7:27 p.m.

Nothing. I finished cleaning up from last weekends mess.

Ask me again tomorrow.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/5/14 9:15 p.m.

i used the recently repaired in-tank fuel pump to relocate about 9 gallons of skank fuel from the E12 tank into a bunch of gas cans. then i used a gallon of acetone to flush out a ton of scale and crud from the now-empty E12 tank. tomorrow i'll get more acetone and do some more flushing, then put the fuel system back together and see how she runs with fresh gasoline and two working pumps.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/5/14 9:27 p.m.

Timing chain tensioners and guides on the crown vic....kinda needed them

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
4/6/14 7:55 a.m.

Yesterday, I completed my timing belt, water pump, and accessory belt change on the miata and then drove it around a bit, got some gas, and washed it.

Today looks like a good day to knock out a few small house projects.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/6/14 8:39 a.m.

Well, let's see: the motor in the race car is scattered waiting for parts (anybody got a set of 9:7-1 S5 NA 13B rotors they wanna part with?), the newsed 2003 Xterra got a dizzy, plugs, plug wires, water pump, timing belt etc. and will be the new DD shortly.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
4/6/14 8:48 a.m.
JThw8 wrote: Timing chain tensioners and guides on the crown vic....kinda needed them

But aren't timing chains zero maintenance and timing belts are ticking time bombs at all time?? ;-)

M030
M030 Dork
4/6/14 9:43 a.m.

Two tires and a tune up to my 78 924. Also swapped out the headlight in my 97 Boxster.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/6/14 10:59 a.m.
dculberson wrote:
JThw8 wrote: Timing chain tensioners and guides on the crown vic....kinda needed them
But aren't timing chains zero maintenance and timing belts are ticking time bombs at all time?? ;-)

I will say old school timing chains are fairly maintenance free but as soon as you throw tensioners and guides in the mix things get messy. :)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/14 11:21 a.m.

Getting this ready for eBay...

photo HondaPassport006_zpsf07be9b8.jpg

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
4/6/14 11:49 a.m.

Sweet !

Woody wrote: Getting this ready for eBay...  photo HondaPassport006_zpsf07be9b8.jpg
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/14 2:42 p.m.

any snow is now my fault. The snows came off of the disco today after I spent a couple of hours scrubbing the brake dust off of the summer rims. (10 years worth on the back side) and I changed the oil and filter

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
4/6/14 3:03 p.m.

New grips and white letters on the tires.

Armitage
Armitage Reader
4/6/14 5:13 p.m.

Gave the FD a new color: anthracite gray metallic. There's no direct sunlight this late in the day so I won't really see what it looks like till later.

Picture

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
4/6/14 6:12 p.m.
Armitage wrote: Gave the FD a new color: anthracite gray metallic. There's no direct sunlight this late in the day so I won't really see what it looks like till later. (http://armitage.crinkle.net/gallery/d/24960-2/DSC02689.JPG)

Damn! I had forgotten how sexy a well cared for FD could be!

I changed the oil in the Scoob and poked my head around under Art looking for possible sources of the 3-4 second crank before it starts, hot or cold. All of the vacuum hoses look fine but the fuel filter is pretty rusty. That will probably be step one.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/6/14 7:23 p.m.

Put a new starter on my truck and changed the oil. Nothing too exciting today.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
4/6/14 8:02 p.m.

Finished replacing the jigsaw puzzle of drum e-brakes in the F150 and now realize how badly the rear rotors were shot now that it stops so much better. Also hung a bracket for storing car tied downs in the new car hauler.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
4/6/14 8:42 p.m.

The compound now has a ring road, well a least a place for the gravel

photo 35C805C2-9E4C-48AD-8A4C-EFB43C4DD820_zpsfqjpfc9h.jpg

photo B4EEC774-D353-43C2-8AC2-2B51EB74B8D8_zpsvcofgxcq.jpg

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/6/14 9:43 p.m.

I think this fits.

I went by the pet store for a new dog gate. We need to keep the dog out of the room when we let the sugar glider out of the cage.
Well, dog gates an't cheap. So I had something sitting around and I had a saw. WORKS GREAT!

gofastbobby
gofastbobby Reader
4/6/14 10:19 p.m.

gave my sn95 a healthy diet. eliminated the smog pump and ac. also replaced the leaking radiator with an all aluminum one from ebay. It fit pretty darn well i must say.

next weekend is brakes and wheels.

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
4/6/14 10:28 p.m.

Installed new thermostat and re-installed thermostat housing after cleaning up hose nipples on the housing. For some reason (lazy?) I didn't clean up same nipples on the bike side... and now I have different coolant leaks. So I get to pull the throttle bodies off the bike, again, and try to do my best to not have that happen again. Stupidly complex motorcycle...

allen_m
allen_m New Reader
4/6/14 10:52 p.m.

Sorted tools, SAE box, Metric box, sprint cat pit box. very nice day to take 4 mile walk too.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
4/7/14 7:06 p.m.

Saturday; Brake job, new intake filter and hood struts for my buddy's TL.

Sunday, for my MX6; finished installing control arms, replaced front lowering springs with some AAS units from JY. Washed front wheels. Double checked new valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket, replaced oil, charged battery, kerosene flush, new oil and filter. Swapped out early red/amber tails and trunk panel for all red tails and trunk panel. Found another spot where the car had been hit and repaired. Drove around block, smokes bad, leaking oil from somewhere (dizzy?) and the top eccentric bolts on the strut body must not have been put back correctly as the car wanders something awful. Shifter bushings made a world of difference though. Seems fast and still boosting

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
4/7/14 7:19 p.m.

Swapped out the all-seasons for the Star specs!

Almost changed the rear rotors and pads, decided to soldier through the squeaking since the current pads are healthy.

1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xkWmpDGE6hmiqbWcuKt2mf5y9V3L3nv39YNVhOCqJtIHCFBrXez2tO3v8bKUx8xJ