1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 44
Jerry
Jerry Dork
5/27/14 7:09 a.m.

Rear seat delete. Like it should have been from the factory:

Powar
Powar SuperDork
5/27/14 7:44 a.m.

This weekend, I reinstalled the rear seat in the convertible project and applied more Leatherique. I also threw the spare and jack in the trunk and removed the front hubs so I can have new bearings pressed in.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
5/27/14 9:06 a.m.

Over the weekend, I put a new starter and battery in my Trans Am, and it moved under its own power for the first time in 2 years. It started right up, which was shocking, but I really need to change the oil ASAP. It looks like coffee creamer. It's mostly assembly lube and condensation (the motor has really low miles), so I need to flush it out and get some fresh stuff in there. It's nice to have it up and running again. When I have some time, I'll start a build thread for it.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
5/27/14 11:25 a.m.

I added power steering to my 69 4x4 suburban, then swapped the quadrajet that needed a rebuild with a fresh edelbrock, took it on a test drive and promptly lost a locking hub.

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
5/27/14 11:26 a.m.

On Midlana, lightened brake pedal pressure by swapping in smaller spare cylinders... but went too far. Now it's squishy, and no it's not air in the system. Have to order the correct diameter cylinders and do it again.

Also, finally cut access holes in the floor of the engine compartment (been needed for a long time) so that the free-floating heat exchanger could be properly mounted and stop sliding around.

M030
M030 Dork
5/30/14 2:28 p.m.

Upgraded my 97 Boxster from 16" to 17" wheels.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
5/30/14 2:48 p.m.

Last night, I used the Leatherique Prestine Clean product to remove the stickiness left on the door panels, seats, shift boot, and steering wheel by the Leatherique treatment I did earlier in the week. It looks and feels awesome now. I also installed the radio in the car. ('91 900SE Turbo Convertible)

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast HalfDork
5/30/14 3:14 p.m.

I did plugs and coil packs on Burrito Enthusiettes E46. Now it fully utilizes all 6 of it's combustion chambers and doesn't sound like a broken Subaru/Vanagon. RESULT!

I will rest easier tonight knowing the engine isn't berkeleyed.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
5/30/14 3:26 p.m.

Drained the old gear oil out of the MX6's transmission. Put some Redline in. Swapped in a good speedo cable, well half of it so far. Looked at the accessory belts, wasn't as simple as turning a tensioner bolt so I just left it alone for another day.

Saturn has it's key still stuck in the ignition, was able to turn the car on and move it to a better position in the driveway, roll up the passenger window so no crackheads get in and pulled the fuses and neg battery cable in case they did.

Cool_Hand_Luke
Cool_Hand_Luke Reader
5/30/14 11:40 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: Drained the old gear oil out of the MX6's transmission. Put some Redline in.

Where does everyone get their Redline from?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
5/30/14 11:46 p.m.
Cool_Hand_Luke wrote: Where does everyone get their Redline from?

I got mine from FM with some other things I needed.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
5/31/14 6:36 a.m.

Started removing the interior to get to the wiring; result: (1) $100, (1) $5, (2) $1 and a jar full of coins. Also found a military ID card for a guy who died in combat in 98. Explains why the car sat the last 16 years.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
5/31/14 8:16 p.m.

Subarust weekend. Plastidipped the front end with left-over from the hood recently, did the wheels white, painted the calipers red because I could. So much rust underneath I couldn't fit a jack and jackstand in the same area! Had to do one wheel at a time on the jack...

Tomorrow is giant Subaru rally vinyl & hopefully wire the Hella's if I can remember the wiring setup from when they were on the xB.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/31/14 9:23 p.m.

finally finished sanding the hull of my boat.. now I can primer and paint after I enact a few small repairs that I found while sanding

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
6/10/14 10:21 p.m.

In an effort to try an do something to the Jeep each night, now that I have the garage mostly cleaned and organized, I addressed the front anti-sway bar. I have broken quite a few stock end links over the years, but always knew someone who upgraded and were willing to give me their stock ones, so I just kept replacing and breaking them.

Old broken

New JKS vs. Stock. JKS is beefy and adjustable to make up for the coil spring spacer lift.

While I was at it, the old original rubber bushings had seen better days.

Energy Suspension to the rescue.

Bling, and the rusty old anti-sway bar got cleaned up and hit with some Rust-Oleum.

All installed, hopfully this will help steering the Jeep be a little more like "steering" and less like "herding."

There's a whole pile of parts in the garage yet to go on, and even more on their way. I should be able to keep busy for a while.

• Lee
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/11/14 12:25 p.m.

E12: finally finished the CV joints and got the halfshafts put back in. hit the paint with the clay bar. tonight she gets the meguiar's 3-step cleaner / polish / wax. employee car show is next week. :-)

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
6/11/14 9:12 p.m.

This happened:

Neighbor saw me lugging the passenger seat into the garage and said, "boy you're taking it all apart aren't ya, now I know who to ask help me put carpet in my Caprice."

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
6/14/14 7:45 p.m.

Cleaned fuel tank, installed new pump and filter. Hit key, nada. Found wire had 9000 ohms of resistance something wrong there. Found burned section that still tested fine, replaced that. Traced the issue to the foot between the fire wall, great. Pulled the kick plate and bam some ingenious PO had decided that rather than replace the $80 fuel pump relay they would solid wire a GM abs relay in to run the pump continuously. I undid that and ordered the relay from Mercedes. Ran a fill in wire from key just to make sure everything else was in working order and it is good. Removed temp wire and went back to removing the interior, what a mess. Woot.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
6/14/14 8:07 p.m.

i picked up the doors for the elky from the body shop, worked out brake line routing on dads 51 ford truck, and did a full brake job on a split window 63 corvette, as well as took it on a test drive. great car. worth more than my house. made my sack shrink thinking about wrecking it.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
6/14/14 9:31 p.m.

HID's in the Abarth. Hope they work for more than a day. Tried to replace the horn with a Wolo Big Boy air horn but can only roll around on my back with my head tilted back for so long before getting nauseous anymore. Maybe next weekend.

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/15/14 12:50 a.m.

Got partway into some ECU wiring. Obviously nothing is yet in place inside the car, and the zipties underhood are only for rough length determininations. The final loom will be tidier and better secured.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
6/15/14 7:43 a.m.

I powder coated my oil pan and re-installed it. Then I remembered that I wanted to strip and powder coat the motor mount brackets when I did the oil pan. DOOHH. So I stripped the motor mounts and today (Sunday) will powder coat them.

06HHR
06HHR Reader
6/15/14 8:20 p.m.

I took my 2 ton come-along and pulled out the damage done to the core support of my Bonneville SSEi from my daughter sliding into a drainage ditch one night. Worked far better than the harbor freight 2 pound slide hammer that wouldn't budge the sheetmetal.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
6/15/14 10:13 p.m.

Autocrossed the miata!
Seriously considering dropping the trans to put an OEM weight flywheel in, the lightweight one I have in there now is a nightmare for classing.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UberDork
6/16/14 8:07 a.m.

Finished drywalling my 45x24 shop

6 months ago I started with bare studs. Now it's insulated, outlets everywhere, wired for sound and finally drywalled. Paint is next and then I get to build some work surfaces.

Lesson learned - never move your stuff into a garage before it's done. Thank god the roll cage guy is taking his sweet time finishing my RX7 so it's out of the way.

1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lVXUWkhlsYr9cS6TLNiw7j8prurOXBZhZF818u9kPICivPGHMbz7ZltYk5DR5gL1