1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 44
SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
6/24/14 7:39 p.m.

Sold it!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/24/14 7:41 p.m.

Earned money to pay for future tinkering.

06HHR
06HHR Reader
6/24/14 8:23 p.m.

Sunday, cleaned out AC lines, replaced o-rings and the receiver/drier, reinstalled the condenser and lines and pulled a vacuum. Monday, checked the gauges, vacuum held all night so no leaks. Reinstalled the radiator, cooling fans, connected oil and trans cooler lines, topped off cooling system. Started the car, recharged the AC system, put the headlights back on and drove it around the block. Now I get to repaint the bumper cover and side cladding to match the rest of the body.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
6/25/14 7:36 a.m.

Yesterday, I fixed the rear door locks in the Protege. They had been crap since I bought the car years ago, but a recent 'break-in' means securing things is a higher priority now.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Reader
6/25/14 8:04 a.m.

Miata content:

Replaced the open '97 diff with a torsen from a '99. (well, last week but still )

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
6/25/14 8:42 a.m.

painted it

It is now yellow

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 HalfDork
6/25/14 9:02 p.m.

I re-installed my power steering rack.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/25/14 9:20 p.m.

Assembled my Flyin' Miata Hub Stands! (Happy early birfday to me) WOOOT!

Tomorrow I test setting up the car on them atop a set of scales. I am so excite!

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
6/26/14 11:20 a.m.

Adjusted the PHB on the S197. First real road test since installing Steeda Sport springs and D-Specs. New axle backs also, was ready to E36 M3 can 'em over fitment issues but think I'll keep 'em now.

Parked over winter, on jack stands since Easter weekend. Work consumes all my time anymore.

Well worth the wait.

I'm diggin' it.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
6/26/14 12:23 p.m.
Cool_Hand_Luke wrote:
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: Drained the old gear oil out of the MX6's transmission. Put some Redline in.
Where does everyone get their Redline from?

Amazon.

Replaced ignition lock cylinder and starter switch on Saturn. Afterwards, someone told me GM may have done it for free under recall. Doh.

Working on buttoning up the starter replacement job on the LS400.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/26/14 12:27 p.m.

I cut it. The grass, that is. I'm about halfway through what I consider a 10 year project.

The long term members might remember me posting pics of our dirt oval. The kids are grown, and no longer do that, so we decided to fill that area in with trees. It's much nicer to have a house surrounded by bush, so here it is. We've planted hundreds of trees, bushes, and other plants on the property since we started.

The dark spot behind the trees at the right is the house.

From the house side

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
7/4/14 2:30 p.m.

Happy 4th!

I started the Zender 190e for the first time since 1998, it runs like a top after I unfixed all the POs fixes. Now to work on the suspension and interior (all needs replaced)

I also took off the carb on my 1947 cushman to start rebuilding it, I do ten miles with it most years since it only does about 40. That's not great with the fuel sitting in the carb and bowl all year yearround.

I also removed the cam cover on the SRL311 to make sure the timing chain had really been done; good news is that it had! Bad news is the engine hasn't run since the rebuild"" so IT is locked up and who knows what it will need to be good.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/14 3:02 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Assembled my Flyin' Miata Hub Stands! (Happy early birfday to me) WOOOT! Tomorrow I test setting up the car on them atop a set of scales. I am so excite!

You should paint them black.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/4/14 3:07 p.m.

Oil change, trans oil and filter on the truck. Off to a party.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Reader
7/4/14 3:15 p.m.

Removed the throttle body intake on the suburban for a good cleaning. The underside of the butterfly valve was about.....1/4" thick with carbon buildup.

Might help idle quality and mileage a bit I'm hoping.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
7/4/14 3:18 p.m.

Thought about installing the Outback struts and springs I scored off CL for a song.
Dusted off the Lego collection instead, took some pictures so as to facilitate selling said Legos.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
7/4/14 6:03 p.m.

Correction.
Replaced the side latches on the miata with bolt-in plates
Rennenmetal
Figure that I don't take the top off often, this should cut down on rattling, and only four bolts should I desire to go topless
(left the OEM top ones)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/14 6:28 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Correction. Replaced the side latches on the miata with bolt-in plates Rennenmetal Figure that I don't take the top off often, this should cut down on rattling, and only four bolts should I desire to go topless (left the OEM top ones)

Try removing the soft top too. Miatas make great coupes.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
7/4/14 6:32 p.m.

I installed the motor mounts after powder coating them. Next (tomorrow) is to get the motor in the rest of the way!!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/4/14 6:48 p.m.

Didn't do a damn thing constructive today. Waiting on some fittings to show up so I can finish reworking the Jensenator's fuel pump mounting, then I need to build some brake ducting for it.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
7/4/14 7:59 p.m.

These showed up last night. Wheel Guard and tire glaze today. Fronts installed, beer time. Good day.

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz HalfDork
7/4/14 10:50 p.m.

Painted the underside of my Firebird.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/The%2014%20Car%20Performance%20Therapy/004_zpse8280b2b.jpg.html][/URL]

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Reader
7/5/14 7:28 a.m.

That's the cleanest car underside I've ever seen.

I tracked down an annoying random cylinder miss on the Megasquirted TR6. The wideband showed it was running lean, so I started pulling injector connectors so see which one didn't matter. The plug has a signal, so it must be a sticking/flaky injector.

nhmercracer
nhmercracer New Reader
7/5/14 10:50 a.m.

Motor mounts, transmission mount, cabin air filter, oil filler gasket. Flushed P/S fluid, and added a filter.

Oh, and I have a torn boot on my new steering center link. I should have saved the boots from the old one.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
7/5/14 3:14 p.m.
Woody wrote: Try removing the soft top too. Miatas make great coupes.

Been thinking about that actually.
Meh, the resale on the car is already a losing proposition, I'm mostly waiting for a nice day to do it
(Add this chore to the list of times I'm less than excited to have the HDDD bar back there)

Two days of productivity in a row?!
Reminds me of when I first got the Scoob.
Had her up today, doublechecked that the outback running gear will bolt right up, hosed everything down with PB blaster, seems like it'll be a straightforward swap.

1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7LAm3yX8iNx6sLQvdGqRvKz4wS33ptChGNcA0XmwKvwVMnegx30hShofu20o9QKb