1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 44
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/5/14 3:21 p.m.

I took the cap off and poured about half the bottle down my neck so far.

MichaelYount
MichaelYount Reader
7/5/14 4:21 p.m.

Started the morning off at Cars&Coffee - and about 4pm took the car over for annual inspection. Figured it would be a slow day -- and I was the only one at the shop for the entire 10 minutes it took. The guys always remember the car and there is usually something different that's changed each year. Everyone went into the "pit" to see the exhaust/muffler that I fabbed up since last year.

[URL=http://s937.photobucket.com/user/MichaelYount/media/Volvo%20exterior%20shots/DSC00164_zps4463e8a4.jpg.html][/URL]

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/5/14 4:57 p.m.

I got a solid start on some overdue paintin' around chez Curmudgeon today, currently sipping a cool one waiting to slap on a second coat.

Oh, and I passed a kidney stone last night. That's a project in itself that's gotta be worth SOMETHIN'.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/14 7:35 p.m.

got some work done to the boat this week. This is an antique Wilcox Crittenden bronze steaming light (sailboats need this on when under power at night). Between my father, myself, a dremel, and a lot of brasso, it is looking pretty good. Shame it is going to be 20 feet above the deck where nobody will ever see it

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast HalfDork
7/5/14 10:42 p.m.

When I went down to my shop this morning, somebody had left a workbench out in the lot with a "FREE" sign on it. So naturally, I drug it into my bay.

I cut into it some to open it up for some storage underneath and installed it in place of my last bench and moved the toolbox to the other end.

Now I've just got to grab some cheap flooring off of CL to recover the top. Maybe some Bamboo or summat. Probably whatever is cheapest. You can see where I berkeleyed up one of the angled supports underneath; I never said I was a carpenter...

Then just usual clean-up...

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/5/14 11:14 p.m.

Look at how good we are doing!! This thread has inspired me.
I have a E36 M3 ton of Subaru work to do and I don't know where to start.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
7/7/14 10:45 a.m.

Pulled the body off the frame of the triumph, took the frame back to my garage, put triumph back on the trailer. Next up is switching front lower A-arm mounts to TR6 style mounts - going from 0* camber to adjustable. Followed by changing the size of the rear outrigger body mounts to wider/deeper to accommodate the main roll hoop. The good news is the rust is gone, and it's more assembly and fabricating at this point.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/7/14 10:54 a.m.

New shifter from scrap aluminum, COM10 bearing, some 3/8-24 threaded rod and discarded 5 ball.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
7/7/14 1:01 p.m.

Finished the LS400 starter job, it starts and drives. No leaks or anything. Guess I did ok.

Installed new window guide clips on Saturn SL passenger front and back doors, now have functioning electric windows all the way around huzzah.

Helped my cousin find and buy a 1993 SC300 with a list of recent work done and in good running knick for $1500.

Junkyard run netted some non-yellowed headlights and spare tire plus wheel wrench for the Saturn, decent battery tray for LS400.

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
7/7/14 3:17 p.m.

Finished fixing the broken fluid-filled engine mount that nearly allowed my drivetrain to climb out of the car... It allowed enough motion that a coolant line, MAP hose, and fuel return line were damaged. Note to self, if using less than the stock number of engine mounts, think through in which direction the forces are pointing!

MichaelYount
MichaelYount Reader
7/7/14 4:00 p.m.

Sounds like, until you fixed it, that the term 'mount' was a bit of an misnomer!

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
7/7/14 4:16 p.m.

Replaced the crappy near-new "Mr. Gasket" four-piece pan gasket on The Crusty Chevy with a fancy-schmancy one-piece FelPro jobbie. Very impressive gasket, that.

Also replaced the transmission pan gasket again (a higher-end FelPro jobbie this time, Fram last time, B&M the time before that....), chasing the forever-and-ever leak the C10 "EV" edition has (Exxon Valdeez).

Not much left to leak now...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
7/7/14 5:18 p.m.

Ordered the replacement strut for the wifes Subaru today. Last two Sunday spent doing struts on her dd. Should have been done, but one failed right out of the box.

Also orderd a bunch of interior stuff for the elky.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/7/14 6:57 p.m.

Absolutely nothing to post.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
7/8/14 10:19 p.m.

I took pictures of the work I plan to do.

dropstep
dropstep Reader
7/8/14 10:56 p.m.

hit flood water in the turbo dodge, towed out and dryed the distributor and it runs again, starter is pretty much shot though. running late for work and tailgating an suv was not a good idea

nicksta43
nicksta43 UberDork
7/13/14 7:55 p.m.

Take one cheap craigslist windshield to an unknown bike and spend all weekend cutting and fitting and testing to get it comfortable at 75-80 mph. Almost done but have an idea on how to make it adjustable.

06HHR
06HHR Reader
7/13/14 8:12 p.m.

Ordered new Hub assembly for the Bonneville from Rock Auto, drove it to the parts store to get some power steering fluid and topped it off. Will post pics later

nicksta43
nicksta43 UberDork
7/13/14 8:45 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR:

Pics or it didn't happen

06HHR
06HHR Reader
7/13/14 9:56 p.m.

Well, long story short. I drove this home after my daughter had a late night off-road excursion, cost me $200+ to get it from the tow yard the next morning: It still ran very well, except the radiator and fans didn't fit anymore, and I had to bring the rear bumper cover home in my truck. Since it ran so well i couldn't bring myself to send it to the boneyard. So I took it apart and found out why the radiator didn't fit anymore, her wild ride pushed up the left end of the core support almost a full inch. After buying parts and futzing around with my 2 ton come-along and my tow chain, I got the old girl to look like this: Still have a few thing left to do, needs tires badly, but at least it looks like a car again. Oh, those are 96 Mustang GT 17" alloys on it now, I think i'm going to paint them a charcoal grey or whatever that "hyperblack" finish is.

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz HalfDork
7/13/14 10:35 p.m.

Finished modifying the front leaf spring pockets for my Firebird and sandblasted one of the doors.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/The%2014%20Car%20Performance%20Therapy/004_zps240413a6.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/The%2014%20Car%20Performance%20Therapy/007_zps326a9d4a.jpg.html][/URL]

Powar
Powar SuperDork
7/14/14 8:38 a.m.

Yesterday, I pulled the engine and trans out of the '91 900 convertible parts car. I can't wait to scrap it and have that space back under the car port.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/14/14 9:33 a.m.

I rebuilt the drum brakes in my old Ford F150 this weekend. In the process I smashed myself in the face with a wrench. ( pulling one of those damn springs--- tool slipped---into my forehead---hard) Once I realized I wasn't going to black out--- I finished the job. Did make me feel a bit loopy though.....and now I've got a nice knot on my head.

but hey......my brakes work now!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/14 10:11 a.m.

Waited for these guys to haul it away.

photo Accord013_zpse0a78f7c.jpg

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
7/14/14 11:13 a.m.
Burrito Enthusiast wrote: When I went down to my shop this morning, somebody had left a workbench out in the lot with a "FREE" sign on it. So naturally, I drug it into my bay. I cut into it some to open it up for some storage underneath and installed it in place of my last bench and moved the toolbox to the other end. Now I've just got to grab some cheap flooring off of CL to recover the top. Maybe some Bamboo or summat. Probably whatever is cheapest. You can see where I berkeleyed up one of the angled supports underneath; I never said I was a carpenter... Then just usual clean-up...
1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BvLEcRd0pFyk5WjaMP9c22dmqeG856jQRYcMcxY3u6ZNsuA2vWx3yvFm8K5HDgTj