1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 44
DaveEstey
DaveEstey UberDork
7/14/14 11:43 a.m.

Looked at it, ran a mental checklist through my head of next things to get done and then shut the garage door and did the brakes on my truck instead. Damn priorities.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
7/16/14 6:41 p.m.

Priorities, did the rear shocks and the sway bar end links on my 5; motor mounts, trans fluid and a new lower aero cover tomorrow.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
7/16/14 7:15 p.m.

Did the brakes on my wife's Scion xB, then welded a new inner sill into my 1973 Corolla Challenge car, removed the fender and door to make room to replace the outer sill. LOts of welding to do before I'm done.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/14 8:26 p.m.

The 2005 Legacy that I picked up yesterday got new plugs, a new air filter, fresh air in the tires, a bath and polished headlight lenses.

Woody
7/16/14 8:49 p.m.

photo Legacy029_zps0601f49e.jpg

photo Legacy031_zps6a62dc86.jpg

wae
wae HalfDork
7/16/14 9:50 p.m.

Picked up some new snap rings to secure the diff pin so I could finally complete the installation of the phantom grip in the spare transmission. Turns out the only thing harder than splitting the trans case is getting it back together. Hopefully tomorrow I can roll the car into the garage and start the swap.

I also picked up a used battery for the RX-7 so I can try to get it sold and an aluminum oil pan for the Neon so I can try re-plumbing the turbo oil supply and return.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
7/17/14 8:36 a.m.

Installed the Bama 93 octane race tune in the S197 this morning, test ride... this could likely get me in trouble.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
7/17/14 12:25 p.m.

Changed ATF and filter on Scaturn. Cleaned out trunk.

Woody
7/17/14 7:52 p.m.

Buffed it out and got it registered.

photo Legacy037_zpsce279358.jpg

photo Legacy041_zpsd567d330.jpg

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
7/17/14 8:56 p.m.

The miata got a momomomomomomo and quick release.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Reader
7/18/14 7:55 a.m.

Miata got a Momo Corse seat which required judicious pruning of the left shoulder area to fit the door. Dremel vs fiberglass! Lots o dust....

Washed and vacuumed after that

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
7/18/14 8:13 a.m.

Watched the tracking page on Fed-ex waiting for my new parts. LOL

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
7/21/14 3:29 p.m.

2nd ATF drain/fill on IS300. Fluid looks good now and shifts like it's supposed to.

Helped my cousin install a rebuilt rack and pinion, PS pump, tie rod ends and an ATF drain/fill on his newly acquired SC300.

Changed the o-ring on my MX6 GT's dizzy.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/21/14 5:20 p.m.

pulled RF strut assembly from the E12 and found that the strut top had been installed incorrectly, leading to the bearing coming apart. new strut top is nearly $200, so i cleaned and bent back into shape and greased and reassembled the pieces into a reasonably smooth unit for $0.00 (i even lubed it with extra grease scraped from inside the hub, LOL)

got a $16 caliper from the junkyard since someone had boogered up the inboard bleeder screw on mine. now i have to disassemble / clean / reassemble the caliper so i can put the car back together in time for the concours d'lemons this weekend.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/21/14 5:39 p.m.

Prepping the car for racing @ Summit Point this coming weekend.

Took out the student seat, bolted in the ballast, strapped in the cool shirt cooler, put a charge on the battery and loaded the tires + wheels into the truck to go get freshies mounted in the AM.

Still have the entire pre-flight checklist to go thru and a whole trailer to pack with gear but tomorrow is another day.

Woody
7/21/14 6:29 p.m.

I drove to Pennsylvania and brought my new (to me) 2007 Sportster home. It's project time...

wae
wae HalfDork
7/22/14 12:06 a.m.

Started to put the new transmission with the limited slip in. Didn't get too far before I realized the new trans was missing the clutch fork pivot ball. Since I didn't have an appropriate puller, I hit a slide hammer attachment with a dremel and a grinder to make it fit around the back of the ball. While it worked for the old plug on the new trans (the plasticish part was missing) I had ground down the puller enough that it just broke on the good ball. I figured I'd have to go to the dealer to get a replacement and it was too late for that, so I went inside to watch some TV while I looked for the part number. Turns out, that plastic bit just snaps on and off. So I wasted about an hour because I didn't just try the easiest thing..._

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/14 12:39 p.m.

Not a project car (Some would say that all Rovers are projects) but I got very tired of people tailgating me knowing that my brake lights are at headheight. I was just waiting for the inevitable rear ending as the offending party slams into the back of my disco because they failed to notice the brake lights 5 feet off of the ground.

price was approximately $100

56LED trailer lights from Superbright LEDs. some wiring, some diamondplate, a splitter to keep the turnsignals from flashing the lights too, and a 2x2 piece of scrap square tube from work all equal this.

LEDS brakelights off:

LED brakelights on:

this is going to be fun at night

dropstep
dropstep Reader
7/25/14 5:26 p.m.

took off the crap boost tube that sucked shut below 3k rpm and took the boost back off wastegate loop. now i just have to stop myself from turning it up anymore! 8psi>4.5 psi by a long shot

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
7/25/14 5:45 p.m.

Went to toss a new fuel filter in the Nova.
Realized that the PO was serious when he said it was replaced recently.
Re-installed, washed car.
Well, almost washed car. noticed that my hose is gone, not sure if duplex-mates or theft.
(Related note to self: investigate touch up 'Rat Rod Black' paint)

wae
wae HalfDork
7/25/14 7:12 p.m.

Left work at about noon to go pick up the trailer, swap tires, and load the car for tomorrow and then spend the whole evening with the family. Usually, I'm running around like a moron until 11pm-midnight trying to get everything ready the night before a rallycross. Showed up at the storage lot and they're re-paving the lot and I can't get to my locker. So, the whole afternoon was kind of shot, but eastsidemav reminded me about the Regular Car Reviews on YouTube, so I got sucked into that vortex for an hour or so.

Finally picked up the trailer at around 4, swapped tires, made sure the front suspension was still, uh, attached and stuff, and strapped the car down. Loaded up the van with tools and canopies and stuff, then did a little rain dance. Last time I accidentally did the lightning turn-and-dip, so I made sure to stick to just a small rain-only dance.

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
7/25/14 8:06 p.m.

Not exactly progress on any of my automotive projects but we got my new hay shelter finished, except for the final tensioning of the cover. This frees up the loft space above my shop. I'm going to use it for clean assembly work and some storage. It close to doubles my shop space. We fit 80 round bales in but we easily could've fit 20 more if we'd been a bit more careful in our stacking.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
7/25/14 9:49 p.m.

Unfortunately my current project as I have no car is painting a used dining room table we have white. I hate painting, I really do. So far I have three coats on it. Now it's time to start on the clear coat. Yay. Oh then I get to sand down all the chairs and start on those

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
7/26/14 12:15 a.m.

Pulled the three month old starter out The Crusty Chevy that seemed to have welded its solenoid permanently on, and exchanged it under warranty....

..... for a new starter that sounds like the bearings and gears are permanently knackered.

So it goes back tomorrow.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
7/26/14 6:37 a.m.

Poundere the taillights back into shape and did a lot of body filler work. Its starting to get somewhat close to paint. After a year.

1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ABYOMtR67DujNzRXme9m3r8RlGOShyhg86kkVXzn7AwKeEaBWwhoJe7QIVKzINHD