1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 44
fujioko
fujioko Reader
7/27/14 11:04 a.m.

Met another awesome GRM'er! He stayed a little while and left with my Spitfire. I whish him the best of luck with his new toy and perhaps we will see a build thread soon.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/27/14 1:37 p.m.

Wired in a house battery and 100 watt solar system, to power a refrigerator, for camping and travel, started loading for vacation and waxed it.

The temp started at 91 about an hour ago and 12.7v. Now it's:

I'm pretty happy with that result.

All shiny.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
7/27/14 2:23 p.m.

Cleaned the berkeleying brake dust off these white wheels again. Seriously, I love the way they look but 2hrs of driving and they're dirty again. I probably looked pretty silly to my neighbors out in the impending rain and doom.

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
7/27/14 6:53 p.m.
Jerry wrote: Cleaned the berkeleying brake dust off these white wheels again. Seriously, I love the way they look but 2hrs of driving and they're dirty again. I probably looked pretty silly to my neighbors out in the impending rain and doom.

And this is precisely why my white ARE wheels have been living in my garage the last few years instead of on my car. I pulled the front bumper off my new-to-me Civic. Plati-dipped the grill center and polished the headlights while the bumper was off.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
7/27/14 7:00 p.m.

Swamp rat getting overhaulin new motor and command center and turretts

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/14 7:08 p.m.

Sold the go karts, since the Subaru that is replacing the kid's wrecked Accord has become the new summer project. They will be traveling from Connecticut to Nebraska, though not under their own power.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Reader
7/27/14 9:52 p.m.

I found the source of a growing coolant leak in my '85 SAAB 900. I was all set to change the water pump, but decided it would be smart to get it up to temp and see if I can find the leak. Good move- the heater hose had abraded against the alternator enough to spring a leak. One crappy hose coupling repair later, I am off to order the proper hose to make a permanent repair.

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast HalfDork
7/27/14 10:29 p.m.

Did stuff. Then drove it "legally" for the first time. Lots to do until it's actually road worthy, but it's on the road for the first time since May of '85! Build thread update in due time.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
7/28/14 12:43 p.m.

Friday, I finished stripping my parts car. Saturday I scrapped it, then moved my recently-acquired '93 900CE to a friend's garage. I then brought home my '69 96 DeLuxe. Yesterday, I reinstalled the Jetex exhaust on the 96 and drove it around a bit.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
7/28/14 12:58 p.m.

Got half of the floor cut for my little HF trailer. Drilled and countersunk for the carriage bolts, notched for the side stakes, etc. Should get the other half done tonight.

Karl La Follette
7/29/14 4:20 p.m.

boat primer coat 1

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
7/29/14 8:01 p.m.
fujioko wrote: Met another awesome GRM'er! He stayed a little while and left with my Spitfire. I whish him the best of luck with his new toy and perhaps we will see a build thread soon.

Perhaps. I still need to figure out this whole fancy picture-hosting thing...

Today the title transfer process was started, so unfortunately I won't be able to drive it again for another couple of weeks until the new plate comes from PennDOT.

In other news, I found the under-riders in the boot and loosely put them on for pics. Any idea where the lower bolts ended up? Turns out they're some odd 5/16 fine thread (more TPI than a common 5/16-24).

06HHR
06HHR Reader
7/29/14 10:11 p.m.

Took off the Harmonic Balancer/crank pulley on the Bonneville tonight to install a new Crank position sensor, found a nice front seal leak. Going to get a new seal tomorrow and put it back together whenever I can find the time.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
7/30/14 8:10 a.m.

Last night I repacked the rear wheel bearings on the 96.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Reader
7/30/14 8:11 a.m.

Flushed and replaced the brake fluid in the miata. Test fit the Hoosiers

Karl La Follette
7/30/14 5:49 p.m.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
7/30/14 7:03 p.m.

Started the carb swap on the duster to get it out of unintended long term abandonment.

Picked up interior supplies for the elky.

Decided that the header swap on the daily was a mistake.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
7/30/14 11:17 p.m.

Cleaned the JY MR2 passenger seat for the Challenge Corolla.

Bought a battery for the 740.

Flogged the CTS-V for a few hours today.

Pulled the ECU out of the Dakota (replacement should be here Friday).

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
7/31/14 11:55 a.m.

jb weld.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
7/31/14 1:18 p.m.

Block sanding. Lots of block sanding.

Oh. And some more block sanding.

06HHR
06HHR Reader
8/2/14 10:51 p.m.

Finished replacing the Crankshaft Position Sensor on the Bonneville, had to put in a new timing cover seal cause i didn't put any RTV on the last one i installed (Damn "install our gaskets dry" instructions from FELPRO) seems to have fixed my hot stumble/misfire/eventually no running issue. Maybe I can drive it to work now

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/2/14 10:53 p.m.

welding up the replacement upper rear suspension on the Rx5.0

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/2/14 11:08 p.m.

Ripped the entire frount end suspension out if the mustang. Replaced all the ware items. Put it all back together and put a fresh alignment in it. I love using the hunter aliment machein when all the parts are new.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
8/2/14 11:11 p.m.

I did wheel bearings on my trailer. And had some assistance from my neighbor. I'm considering hiring him to tow the trailer as well

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
8/3/14 1:37 a.m.

New shocks and speakers in my 280zx. Drives way better now.

1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Gm8jUzFoqXY7IMYCemcYO5jvMIRmfBrO6XgvTmisq4uNtrvjsbVwxHM1kj3V2y1T