1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 44
Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
8/7/14 8:00 p.m.

Installed new ECU in the Dakota. Waiting for O2 sensors to show up so I can haul more stuff to . . . er . . . uh . . . um . . . to the dump. That's right, haul stuff to the dump

unevolved
unevolved Dork
8/9/14 10:29 a.m.

Changing the power steering pump in the E46, I guess they've got a service life of about 200,000 miles. Time for an oil change, too. Lower radiator hose is leaking, guess I should knock that out soon.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/14 1:54 p.m.

Did some more work to my boat today. Finally pulled the last of the thruhulls out.

Before:

after:

no pictures of my filling the holes.. but needless to day, I dropped a drip of glassfibre resin between my toes (I was barefoot at the time) and while it is not going to harden, my big toe and the one next to it keep sticking together. guess it could be worse, I could have gotten it on my hootis.

You can keep up on what I am doing here: Sea Sprite 23 - Flirt

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
8/9/14 5:58 p.m.

Hooked the little HF trailer up to the 850 and went and got this:

Previous owner had it on an XJ but it will live in the rear of my TJ soon.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy Reader
8/9/14 6:18 p.m.

Hit some post its on the road. Will update my build thread after my next autocross.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
8/9/14 11:28 p.m.

Worked on Fairlane.

Painted my MAC's replacement column shift collar, original shifter and the Grant hub cover to match the rest of the painted parts of the interior (which thru trial and error I found out was "Ford Engine Red")

Also pulled up the glued in repop trunk mat, in what I thought was a beautiful trunk to find SURPRISE! RUST!

Thankfully, nothing thru.

Four hours in the trunk with a wire cup on a drill, then two coats of rust encapsulator.

Can't decide between topping it off with truck bed coating or spatter trunk paint. Opinions?

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/10/14 12:04 a.m.

Changed the radiator fan switch in the '91 Firebird so I have a fan that works without turning the A/C on. Found the lugnut caps and put them on too. Cruised Woodward.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/14 6:11 a.m.

Finally got the new back tire for the Sportster and got it all back together. Unfortunately, I only had time for a five minute check ride around the neighborhood and it looks like it will be at least a week before I can ride it for real.

ptmeyer84
ptmeyer84 New Reader
8/10/14 10:34 p.m.

Finally fixed the surging idle on my 82 911SC tonight. It's been bothering me for months! New O2 sensor, new wiring for said sensor, and an idle speed and mixture adjustment and she is running like a top.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
8/11/14 1:43 a.m.

Wiring . . . and lots of it

06HHR
06HHR Reader
8/11/14 7:42 a.m.

Put a set of tires on the Bonneville Saturday morning(235/55-17, just about too big) and did a quick and dirty paint job on the wheels Sunday evening. Rode nice on the way to work today.

Before

After

On the car

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
8/20/14 8:52 p.m.

Rebuilt an Edelbrock 1405, or Weber 1080, or Carter AFB 600. Whatev's.

(Edit: kindle spell check sux)

e46potenza
e46potenza New Reader
8/20/14 8:54 p.m.

Pulled a bunch of goodies out of boxes... Now I just need to get it all painted and put it on.

Woody
8/21/14 10:13 p.m.

I wasted a lot of berkeleying time on my project today. The replacement exhaust that was just delivered is about two inches too long.

photo BikesandSubaru005_zpsc117ad34.jpg

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
8/21/14 10:44 p.m.

Changed out the radiator on the wife's Tahoe. It no longer dumps a huge puddle when you park

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/22/14 6:42 a.m.

Finally pulled the rudder out of my Sailboat. As she is a full keeler on a trailer, this is not as easy as it seems.

First I had to remove the retaining bolt and pin from the rudder head where the tiller connects. Once that was done, it took some careful tapping with a hammer and use of a large pipewrench to twist it loose. Everything is bronze, so it is a bit soft.

Once the head was loose, I had to lift the rudder itself out of it's lower pivot and pull it to the side so it could be lowered. Once it hit the dirt, I realized I had an issue. Down went the nose of the trailer and then out came a shovel to dig a small hole. Eventually though, it was free.

The rudder is solid glassfibre and bronze, so you can guess how heavy it is. It also has some significant damage from sometime in it's past. Under two layers of bottom paint I found "fairing material" or waterproof bondo like material. Once I had it all ground away, I was left with this:

Yesterday I started the repairs, I will post up some more later when I get them off of my phone.

Again, you can follow along at: SeaSprite 23 - Flirt

Powar
Powar SuperDork
8/22/14 6:50 a.m.

A friend and I finished doing the engine mounts on my diesel. In my driveway. With no lift.

I'll pay someone next time.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
8/22/14 8:15 a.m.

I paid a shop to install some catalytic converters on the E46 the other day. Check engine light is off for the first time in 9 months. Might get it inspected next week after I give the readiness monitors time to reset.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
8/22/14 8:30 a.m.

Finished fabricating and welding patch panels into the rocker panels of my Challenge Corolla. Now , on to chopping out the rusty floor bits.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
8/22/14 1:57 p.m.

Smogged, washed, vacummed the interior and filled the tank on the Saturn and sold it to a coworker.

Ordered a motor mount and valve cover gasket for the Integra.

Ordered another set of DWS tires for the IS300.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/22/14 6:39 p.m.

Dyed the headliner and reinstall, put on bed moulding, started ac install, hung doors, and came to the irrefutable conclusion that the engine is a boat anchor.

Oh well. You win some and get berkeleyed some.

e46potenza
e46potenza New Reader
8/22/14 7:25 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: Ordered another set of DWS tires for the IS300.

Nice. I just put a set of those on a friend's winter/stock wheels. Pretty solid combination of performance & every day drive-ability. Especially in regards to tread wear ratings.

Woody
8/22/14 7:55 p.m.

Finally got the exhaust on the Subaru back together.

photo BikesandSubaru015_zpsffeff784.jpg

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
8/23/14 6:01 p.m.

Moved the the old project truck in and hosed it after sitting since pushed aside last fall. A good once over and gonna sell it soon.

e46potenza
e46potenza New Reader
8/23/14 6:15 p.m.

Brake fluid exchange... it was definitely due for it. Copper content was through the roof. And found out that the previous owner had Active Autowerke's chassis reinforcement kit installed. So that saves me a ton of money

1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vc8l3f9T7FHvX0nbDlKYmd2tvD6ufCUmCtinEo1pTn3uVAyikfuGa2i5Z2HRRBUh