1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 44
chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
8/23/14 8:04 p.m.

On the Mazda: changed trans fluid, two motor mounts and replaced the lower aero panel that got damaged on the nasty roads in Chicago this spring.

In the datsun: moved it around and looked at it.

On the Mercedes: put some wheels and tires that hold air so I can move it up to the house sometime this week

In the caravan: never needs anything but changed the oil and ordered fluid and filter for trans and a new wiring harness for the trailer lights.

In the truck: ripped the bed off(really, it tore in two so I guess it was rusty) and replaced the fuel pump and filter; it was OE at +/- 200k. Found a rusty fuel line so going to have fun finding one of those premade. Went to look at another bed that has more metal than rust and bondo. Didn't buy it though...

Busy day

kylini
kylini Reader
8/25/14 9:52 a.m.

A very good weekend for parts. Drove to Iowa Speedway for some F&C action at our PDX. While I was there, I flushed the clutch fluid and confirmed that my throwout bearing was bad. This morning, I ordered the Exedy OEM kit from Amazon and was offered free Prime 2-day shipping. Score! I stocked up on transmission oils while I was at it.

On the suspension side, I purchased these (http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/miata-suspension-fcm-bilstein-coilovers-550350/89733/page1/) at a very fair price (thanks!). They are ungodly nice in person and I can't wait to install them tonight. To make things even better, I sold my fully assembled HARD S stock suspension with FCM bump stops and good bushings for $500! Nothing like an affordable upgrade!

Finally, Warren got me in touch with the gentleman who has the crunchy 1999 Exocet donor so I might get some taillight wiring and trunk trim! Score!

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
8/25/14 9:58 a.m.

Sad weekend. Stuffed two broken LBC's into the backyard storage space. Also cleaned up said storage space and stuffed the spare engine that came with my new Spitfire. Along with the two cars, there are 3 engines, 3 transmissions, 2 differentials, and a pair of Ford 351M/400 cylinder heads. Along with various yardwork tools.

On a related note, I finally managed to reclaim a good portion of my living room, which is nice (I have a severe clutter problem... )

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
8/25/14 12:16 p.m.
e46potenza wrote:
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: Ordered another set of DWS tires for the IS300.
Nice. I just put a set of those on a friend's winter/stock wheels. Pretty solid combination of performance & every day drive-ability. Especially in regards to tread wear ratings.

Yeah I don't even drive in snow more than once or twice a year but I get the DWS vs the DW for the treadwear.

Junkyarding netted me a stock airbox for my new Integra, some spare relays and fuses and wire harness ends for the MX6.

Started reassembling the Integra, traced my intermittent start problem on the MX6 to an ignition switch with a worn slot. IS300 power steering pump started making a racket. E-brake light has been coming on and off randomly, gotta check that out.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
8/25/14 12:58 p.m.

I took the time yesterday to finally wash, clay, machine polish, and wax the Miata. This hadn't been done in.... too long. I also treated the top with 303.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
8/25/14 3:13 p.m.

manx did new fuel pump , working on boat motor swap 40 hp yamaha to 60 hp yamaha

e46potenza
e46potenza New Reader
8/25/14 5:13 p.m.

put some GRM decals on. Probably added at least 5 horsepower. At the very least, I should be able to weld now

kb58
kb58 Dork
8/25/14 5:51 p.m.

Got electronic boost control working on Midlana. Next up is adding water/meth injection.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
8/29/14 4:40 p.m.

Took the IS300 to the Costco carwash. Twice since it didn't do a great job. Installed remanned PS pump. No more death rattle.

Ignition switch on MX6. Now it starts reliably. One step closer to DD!

Lower front motor mount on Integra. Gonna pull it and fill with polyurethane.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/14 5:28 p.m.

In reply to DuctTape&Bondo:

What type of poly do you use for that kind of thing?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
8/29/14 5:38 p.m.

Nailed more stuff together. Jumped up and down like a 10 year old girl when the UPS man brought tires. Contemplated the box of 911 parts.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
8/29/14 8:43 p.m.

Tried to figure out what to do with 36 gallons of gas coming out of truck I am rebuilding...

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
8/30/14 10:40 a.m.

Fired Supra up gave it a run and wash

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/30/14 12:13 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Fired Supra up gave it a run and wash

At the same time it appears.

On the other end of the spectrum.. I cut part of the keel off of my boat to repair some old damage. no boat should have a keel that looks like this:

I then took a long cardboard tube and cut it to fit. While here is a pic of it just placed, it already has two layers of C/F on it and is curing. tomorrow I will fit it into place and start making it permanent.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
8/30/14 4:10 p.m.

Any questions?

photo 1409432474_zps70ad9cfb.jpg

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
8/30/14 5:27 p.m.

I wasn't planning on doing anything except to load the Europa on the trailer for tomorrow's autocross. I walked into the shop to find a puddle forming under the footwell area. Quick check uncovered a leaking rear master cylinder. Luckily I had a spare so I swapped it in, cleaned up the footwell and bled the system. Figured I'd take it up and down my road a couple of times to make sure I got the brake balance bar back in the right place. All was well. I did a couple of standing starts and ran it up to the rev limiter a few times to ingratiate myself with my neighbor (actually another car guy with a first gen uncorked RX-7). Came back to the shop and jumped out (read as removed steering wheel and did a very ungraceful crawl out on my hands an knees) to line up the trailer ramps and heard the sound of falling water. Got the boot open in time to see the coolant hose blow off the thermostat housing. The only way to access this hose is to remove the intake manifold. I gave up and am now sitting in front of my computer sipping on a glass of Rye.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
8/30/14 9:24 p.m.

Removed windshield from the '81 Chevy PU project. Surface rust and pits inside the old gasket, on pinch welds. Grind, wire wheel, bondo etc. to surface. Pulled the seats and roll cage. Clean slate on interior now.

SouthFlaDelSlo
SouthFlaDelSlo New Reader
8/31/14 5:36 p.m.

Bought parts for my Daily Driver Mustang. Grumbled because it rained for 5 minutes, and the windows in the Del Sol are stuck down again!

Had a VERY productive day yesterday though. Buddy came over and replaced my clutch for beer, and the "Take Off" A.C.T. brand pressure plate from my old clutch on the Del SOl! Drove it for the first time ever...Very Sticky clutch!

fujioko
fujioko Reader
8/31/14 6:03 p.m.

This big crate got dropped off a few days ago. Oh joy... A few neighbors and some paid help showed up. We got the back half of the roof done without anyone getting killed, however I got stung by wasps five times.

Next weekend we do the front.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
8/31/14 6:21 p.m.

I built a new exhaust for the V8 4runner using an MBRP dual in/single out muffler,eliminated the super pinched Y pipe with mandrel bent stainless.Sounds pretty damn nice I must admit.

Many things on the tercel ice racer on the go,high mounted trailer light for brake light,dual halogen fog lights(requirement to help being seen from the rear in heavy show dust),red oxide primer on the floors after wire brushing surface rust to prep for rattle can truck bed liner.

Going to spry the underside of the lexan trunk I built with black krylon tomorrow,the lexan hood isn't cut to size just yet so not ready to spray.

Opti
Opti Reader
8/31/14 10:50 p.m.

Washed the vette, claybarred and waxxed the hood to remove metal work residue.

Installed on blinker socket, and aligned the headlight cover.

Caleb
Caleb Reader
9/1/14 7:50 a.m.

Washed, clay barred, and waxed the soarer

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/1/14 10:32 a.m.

Dove in to trying to solve the lack or rear brakes on the mustang. After alot of trial and error I figured it out. The e brake cable mounting point at the caliper binds against the bolt that holds the caliper Brackett to the axle. I don't know how to fix it as it is all OE. If I remove the e brake cable from the caliper it has normal brakes as the caliper can float properly. With the cable installed the caliper can not float and you get little if any rear brake.

while doing this I replaced the rear pads and in the process of retracting the caliper pistons damaged the dust boot. So I then had to search for a replacement caliper. As rebuild kits are no where to be found.

Also found that the axle seal is leaking so that will get added to the list.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
9/1/14 3:01 p.m.

I took the belt off the Mark VII, spun the tensioner pulley, said, "Yup that's the one making the noise," and went on with the rest of my day.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
9/2/14 7:17 a.m.

Nothing today yet, yesterday I cleaned one side of the frame ground it smooth flappers the rust off and coated it with rustoleum heavy rust primer...stuff has great reviews so we will see how it holds up to a Midwest winter. Weather permitting side two tonight.

1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AXyKul2SI4doiTchHDxFL85W6pTuL0Q5VscDldgoFIXbtaaesA0MwUeBw6WQysCS