1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44
chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
4/17/15 5:51 p.m.

climbed around under the Chevy, removed one running board so maybe i won't gash my forehead on one of its brackets (and cause I hate running boards).

Started bending one fuel line for the dodge, made the mistake of bending them on the floor then when I put them in the lengths were wrong. Dang it...

Removed stickers from the Mazda and checked the AC on my wife's GC. It needs charging of course.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/18/15 1:33 p.m.

Not really a project, but changed the oil in the DD minivan, pulled a screw and plugged a tire (how did I end up with 3 tire plugging kits?), and gave the interior a much needed vacuuming. Kinda depressing since it's an absolutely beautiful day here in Philly and I'd much rather be out cycling...

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/18/15 4:06 p.m.

Some hair pulling later, I discovered a bug in MS2/Extra code.

If you are running Fuel Only/Coil Input, and you set the computer up as Rotary/2 rotor, the ECU will think the engine is going twice as fast and it will inject twice as much fuel and it will run really, really, really rich. Gotta do it old-school and set it up as 4-stroke/4 cylinder with the displacement doubled and 2 squirts/cycle.

I am probably, literally, the only person in the world who would be affected by this...

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/18/15 6:08 p.m.

Pulled the Spitfire out of Winter hibernation. Despite forgetting to put the battery on a tender, it started right up! I was so shocked it caught me off guard. I'd forgotten to pull the choke out. Once the choke was set, it settled into a nice idle while I readied the back yard for egress. Now I have to clear the garage out so it can go inside before nightfall.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/18/15 6:29 p.m.

Ordered shiny objects for one corolla, body clips for one mazda, gin for one stomach.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/18/15 6:34 p.m.

Supervised my son servicing all of our lawncare equipment so we could do the first mowing of 2015. I told him to avoid mowing the areas of the yard with standing water. Later, I heard the tractor bogging down, and watched him get the tractor stuck in the mud. High point of the week was watching him get totally covered in mud while pushing it out .

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
4/18/15 6:35 p.m.

Picked up a buddy's engine hoist and prepping to pull the engine out of the WRX.

Will
Will SuperDork
4/18/15 7:10 p.m.

Weighed my Supercoupe after several assorted weight loss projects. Previous weight was 3433 pounds: I was hoping to see 3399, and today it was 3386.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
4/18/15 7:43 p.m.

Late post from last weekend: Wheels.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
4/19/15 1:26 p.m.

Worked on fuel lines some more on the dodge, being a perfectionist is not good on these.....

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/20/15 11:24 p.m.

Went tuning. Putzed around doing boring drivability stuff then got on the Interstate for some WOT tuning. 2nd gear to keep speeds in check.

From 6k on up the engine is all BOOOOOOOOOOOOST. It's unreal.

Difficulty: Nonturbo Apparently the boosters were a significant restriction to flow in the non-carburetor that wasn't showing up at the MAP sensor as a pressure drop. Because I removed them when I went to the 1000cc injectors. My VEs at WOT are now in the high 120s/low 130s whereas before they were maybe around 100.

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/15 9:21 p.m.

I got the Abarth spoiler mounted on Joy the Fiat for the Wife. Was going to mount her mud flaps but the brackets don't match up to our bumper so I have to figure out how to make up new ones.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
4/26/15 9:52 p.m.

Took the seat out of the Miata to cut off the bumps and mount it lower. Found a few rust holes.

Damn.

Spent the rest of the weekend cutting and welding and wire brushing and grinding.

Someday I'll learn to buy rust-free cars.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/26/15 10:16 p.m.

Swapped tires on one of my bikes today--new tires off and the old ones back on. The new tires made it ride like a monster truck.

I'm a little bummed that the new tires are now off the bike, but at the same time glad that the "fix" was free.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
4/26/15 11:09 p.m.

Replaced Hydraboost on 02 k3500 tow rig....changed the oil while I was at it. Continued to buff on my 96 f450 wrecker. Once the cab is looking good I'll turn to the bed and just repaint it.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/27/15 9:07 a.m.

I spent the weekend cataloging what I need to get it all assembled and started to list the items that I don't need for sale. Next weekend is time to drop the K-Member so I can start to install the motor and everything in preparation of it going back to it's rightful home in the Barracuda.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
4/27/15 12:12 p.m.

Soldered a replacement female plug end for the MX6's o2 sensor. Readjusted the hard pipe and throttle body boot to sit better. Started on the front engine mount but had to stop to get ready for a wedding.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/15 6:23 p.m.

I moved the mower out of the barn and moved the plow in. Then I mowed.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
4/27/15 6:44 p.m.

flogged it on track all weekend

Raze
Raze UltraDork
4/27/15 9:55 p.m.

I came home from work, looked at her, went into the house and fired up the interwebz and cheated on her with Craigslist

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/27/15 10:25 p.m.

I finally opened a box for a project...

340 liters per hour of fuelish fun!!! I hope it's big enough.

pres589
pres589 UberDork
4/27/15 11:13 p.m.

Garage bench organization of electrical stuffs and some stuff done on the electrical side of radiator fan nonsense on my VFR. Trying to actually become a motorcyclist again.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
5/1/15 8:39 a.m.

Mustang II rack mounted up to the new frame head for my '72 Beetle.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
5/1/15 8:50 a.m.

Lots of motorcycle projects. Prepped GSXR for carb syncing. Pulled Triumph all the way apart for powdercoat on frame, wheels, etc... It is going to get this color scheme!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/15 11:49 a.m.

no pics because I am not done far enough.. but been constructing a new underdeck support for my boat's mast stepped rig. If all goes well, it will be stronger than the old one

1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DnGPIYYZ7P4ULdiR5Zn8K8LBRCCl9q5nFlM1ZUKZ3Y6FDxZybQoSk0Wz3Zg0SU5O