1 2 3 4
GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/2/18 10:51 p.m.

Went to Canepa Motorsport in Scott’s Valley CA on my day off. What an amazing collection and insane workshop 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/3/18 1:49 a.m.

I've done nothing.  I haven't had a day off since 5 days before this thread started and will be at least another 5 before I do.  And they are 12.5 hour days.. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
11/3/18 5:32 p.m.

Took the newly repaired MX-5 to cars n coffee this morning.  Then washed it.  Then took it down to a local speed shop for dyno day.  (134 at the wheels! Go ahead and be jealous).  Followed up by gathering the fallen leaves in the front yard.  Time to relax a bit. laugh

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
11/3/18 6:06 p.m.

Ripped out a sliding door and put in a free used pair of French doors I scored from my father in law when he enclosed his porch.

Still need to do the trim on both sides.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/3/18 6:16 p.m.

Preformed a leakdown test on the bike. Which it failed. 

Went to the junkyard and bought a horn. For no real reason. I may put it on the bicycle. 

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
11/3/18 7:01 p.m.

Maintenance on the parent's cars:

ATF, diff and transfer unit fluids on the dad's Ridgeline.

Engine compartment partition panels on the mom's X6. Can't believe BMW plastics would disintegrate like they did due to the turbo heat.

Was a nice day out and the routine maintenance was nice and straightforward.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
11/3/18 7:01 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

Ripped out a sliding door and put in a free used pair of French doors I scored from my father in law when he enclosed his porch.

I need to learn how to do this.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/3/18 7:10 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

Still need to do the trim on both sides.

Nice work....

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/3/18 7:35 p.m.

Well, Don't really have a full day off this week. Flew in from Minneapolis first thing this morning. Did my laundry, repacked my bags for a week in the NE. Tomorrow is a flight to Newark and then some driving towards the philly area. Looking forward to next weekend and having some time to myself. 

wawazat
wawazat Reader
11/3/18 8:13 p.m.

Took down the Halloween decorations, bought a used Ford 9" rear end with 31 spline axles, went to my sons soccer game, went out to Blaze Pizza for a soccer team pizza dinner.  Now it's time for a stiff drink, some quality television, then to bed (with fall-back DST sleep).  Tomorrow is remove the front end on the Odyssey for a headlight swap.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/3/18 8:31 p.m.

Trimmed some branches off a tree, moved some leaves to the curb, burned some stuff and ate roast beef i had cooking sous vide for 24 hours. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/18 7:36 p.m.

Saturday was a unbelievably awesome autocross in the G35. I'm not sure the car could have been any better. 

Sunday was spent with my parents. Church in the morning, and Chamber Music in the afternoon. It was a really great day. 

Pretty much a perfect weekend. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/4/18 7:40 p.m.

Friday I took off to get the house ready for winter. Brought in horses. Drained sprinklers hung bikes in garage

Saturday.  Looked at a svt focus for sale. Trying to buy it cheap. Might have just done it.  Saturdsy night was dinner with the family at a local place. 

Sunday.  Trip to home depot.  Costco. Let the kids play in an indoor park.  Came home watched the seahawks lose.  Prepped food for the week. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/4/18 7:57 p.m.

Did what I hope is the last mowing for the season! Including several really low strips down the hill for sledding. Cut all the annual plants down in the garden and dug up about 1/3 of the cannas. I’m not sure the rest will be dug up. We’ll see. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
11/4/18 8:06 p.m.

Deferred appliance maintenance.

Went to shop vac out the fridge condenser, meh. Why piss around... 100' air hose from the shop w/ 100 PSI don't mess around. Dust balls everyberkeleyingwhere. Shop vac sucked it up in short order, win. 

Bagged two mice in the garage bucket trap.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/4/18 8:15 p.m.

did yard work, went to Harbor Freight, installed two HF ammo boxes in the trunk of the rally car (to hold our tow strap and our impact gun), installed a couple fuel lines in the Porsche, cleaned the GTI's wheels since these OEM pads dust like a mofo, and put some tools away...

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/4/18 8:33 p.m.

Test fit the new rims on the wagon, and verified tire size fitment. (My daughter got in  on the action.)

I'm really stoked about the new look!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
11/4/18 8:41 p.m.

Replaced the 145k mile rear shocks on the Suburban... long overdue.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
11/4/18 8:51 p.m.

Went to Icky-ah.  Needed a dresser.  Bought a couple of auto motive themed posters for the new apartment too.  They had a kinda cool tuquoise sketch of a new 500 on a canvas that I didn't try to find the price on.  This was the first weekend in the new place but next weekend probably get the exhaust off the SE-R.  No more excuses as all three registered vehicles are parked nose to tail outside the apt. now instead of 40 blocks apart.  Ah the joys of ample parking in the city.  The storage garage is still a seven minute drive though. smiley

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/4/18 9:14 p.m.

played with the puppy and my dog while me and my friends watched football and did nothing because rain.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
11/24/18 12:44 p.m.

Fishing with the kids by my house...

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy New Reader
11/24/18 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Installed new steering linkage 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy New Reader
11/24/18 2:05 p.m.

Next alinement,then remove linkage,and install full rubber boots to cover the  qa1 rod ends.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/24/18 2:14 p.m.

I sang songs to my grandbaby. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/24/18 2:21 p.m.

Pulled down the last of my old boat shed. Ate a lot of food.

Currently sitting in a urgent care with my eldest (31). He managed to scope himself while sighting in a new .270. Needless to say he's not a happy camper. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oP9F4xRxOP3fvSmM2ogr48JDqjaRYXQKWoNmkz3Y7VzTukVcNERzDvAvzXsN2f0d