1 2 3
ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
7/15/19 11:53 p.m.

I'm a child of the 80s, what can I say:

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
7/16/19 8:30 a.m.

It's a steering wheel. It seems a little form over function but I'd need to sit in the car it goes with to determine if it would work for me. I'm rather fond of the MS3's wheel.

I'm more interested in what the price point of the new 'Vette is going to be. Is it going to be a 60k-70k super car slayer or is it going to be just another 100k+ super car?

One is exciting the other is just another car.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/19 11:49 a.m.
NOHOME said:

Looks like a good way to package large people in a confined space

If they were doing that, they wouldn't be flat on the top where it obscures the gauges.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/19 12:54 p.m.
Knurled. said:
NOHOME said:

Looks like a good way to package large people in a confined space

If they were doing that, they wouldn't be flat on the top where it obscures the gauges.

I dunno, it should help them see down the road.... its not as if they pay attention to gauges.  Usually the glare form their jewelry blinds them.  Most Corvette owners just putter around at about 5 below the speed limit anyway.

Joking aside, I hope this new one helps skew the ownership to a younger crowd and reignites a bit of a "design war" for inexpensive mid-engined cars for the masses.  I'd love to see a new X-1/9/MR2/Fiero battle, only made with something other than spit and butterfly kisses.

aw614
aw614 Reader
7/16/19 2:08 p.m.

Not a fan of the 2 spoke design and like JG's thought it looked like an 8th gen civic wheel that I hated on the 06-08 cars. 

At least it looks better than the c5 and s4 steering wheel 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/16/19 2:33 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

The FR-S wheel is comfortable as hell. The "nubs" just work. If you have cabbage hands, you might find it awkward. 

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
7/16/19 11:54 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

My ring finger is a size 13.

I've got meat paws.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/17/19 1:03 a.m.

You do not have cabbage hands. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/19 8:01 a.m.
Appleseed said:

You do not have cabbage hands. 

better than having salad fingers

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/18/19 5:23 p.m.

I don't care what the steering wheel looks like, I care about how it feels in my hand and if any controls mounted on it are good.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e6cr6d5fHQnXyY0E99RTlXeB4NmZ7DR1WmheD0pCRB7oRMZBymfmwmYoWpJPlUif