1 2 3
M030
M030 Dork
9/28/16 3:10 p.m.

Does it even still exist? I have very little interest in low riding or slammed anything, but some of the body kits that used to be offered were fantastic at hiding rust on small trucks that I was trying to sell. I find myself in that position right now. I have a rust bubbly 2003 Chevy S 10 extended cab 2WD. pick up truck with one of those funny faux stepside beds. I'm looking for some sort of (preferably cheap) fiberglass or polyurethane body kit to hide the New England lower body panel uglies. Google was useless. The ideal solution would be factory "Xtreme" fairings, but I'm having trouble finding a complete set. Any leads?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/28/16 3:15 p.m.

They don't kit them out anymore. It's all body drops and front end swaps and baaaaaaags.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck New Reader
9/28/16 3:18 p.m.

Its still out there, Now its either 4 feet in the air or slammed with "stance"

https://www.facebook.com/MiniTruckinCoalition/

http://www.stanceiseverything.com/2012/12/theme-tuesdays-og-minitrucks/

http://www.stanceiseverything.com/2012/12/theme-tuesdays-og-minitrucks/

http://www.minitruckscene.com/forum/

Just to name a few

dropstep
dropstep Dork
9/28/16 3:18 p.m.

Yeah its all about dragging rocker at this point, body kits would just be ripped off.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
9/28/16 3:34 p.m.

I was going to say are there still mini trucks? Most of the mini trucks are now what 15 to 20 years old?

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
9/28/16 3:43 p.m.
racerdave600 wrote: The newest mini trucks are now what 15 to 20 years old?

FTFY...Aside from the Ranger, not much else newer was 'compact' anymore, was it?

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
9/28/16 3:56 p.m.

Those guys grew up and drive minivans now.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/16 4:03 p.m.

It died about the time I got a cheap Nissan with a damaged roof and two Caravan axles to add on the back.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
9/28/16 4:09 p.m.

Those were the days! Bright, neon colors, stripes that turned into drips or scallops. Walk-through cabs. Dancing beds. MI UB HI on the Mighty Max tailgates!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
9/28/16 4:20 p.m.

I do miss my old 2wd RC stepside Sonoma. It would make one helluva CAM car right about now with some LSx engine, real trans and some form of awesome rear suspension. I have dreams about that build.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/28/16 4:25 p.m.

It's a possible challenge class for next year.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/28/16 4:46 p.m.
ebonyandivory wrote: Those were the days! Bright, neon colors, stripes that turned into drips or scallops. Walk-through cabs. Dancing beds. MI UB HI on the Mighty Max tailgates!

Around here it was "ITS BISHI"

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
9/28/16 4:57 p.m.

I think in general younger people don't have disposable income to spend on cars and if they did they have no interest. After all, hours of wrenching on a souped up mini truck is nowhere near as rewarding as playing Pokémon for days on end or ruining your soul cruising on Grinder.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/28/16 5:35 p.m.

Not exactly what you originally asked about, but may be relevant: NPD is having a clearance sale on their S-10 and Ranger body parts. Looks like they have replacement body panels ridiculously cheap. www.npdlink.com (no affiliation)

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
9/28/16 5:40 p.m.

The best I can do to add to the thread:

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
9/28/16 5:40 p.m.

hey!!! A couple of us are trying to keep it going, without bagging being involved (though I'm not gonna do all the crazy bouncing and swinging around the beds used to do, either).

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
9/28/16 5:41 p.m.

SCCA used to have a class for mini trucks. Those were awesome races at times. I seem to remember at the runoffs at Road Atlanta one year two guys beating on each other all the way down the back straight...good stuff.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/16 6:46 p.m.

JC Whitney?

And I miss some 1988 dry brush strokes on the end of pinstripes... And small trucks

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/28/16 7:31 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Those guys grew up and drive minivans now.

I think they "grew up" and started doing this...

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/28/16 7:50 p.m.

In reply to racerdave600:

I see what you did there.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/16 8:31 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the minitruck scene happened to the minitruck scene.

rustyvw
rustyvw GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/16 8:41 p.m.

I had forgotten about truxarossa kits until now.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/28/16 8:42 p.m.

It'll be back soon. Hondas with broken camber are hot again, it's only a matter of time.

M030
M030 Dork
9/28/16 9:03 p.m.
rustyvw wrote: I had forgotten about truxarossa kits until now.

A kit like that would hide worlds of ugly panelwork on my S10.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/28/16 9:05 p.m.

I miss little trucks.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HjNKq43nmj6NPLNhzLvhoKyajaTmBk07n637fQwSdwBzj7a0pQ4OOBTINxsXMQyy