Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/25/14 12:34 p.m.

Anyone have any clue of what a 2nd generation 3S-GTE is worth?

• Rebuilt bottom end with 0 miles.

• JE forged pistons

• shotpeened stock rods.

• Moroso baffled oil pan.

• ARP hardware everywhere

• Head has mild work on the exhaust side, decked and intake port matched by gutted TVIS (doeeled)

• ARP headstuds.

• New Blitz single disc clutch (can be converted to twin clutch) along with the Blitz flywheel.

The head is not bolted to the block, but I have a TTE (Toyota Team Europe) 1.2mm HG that yields a 8.5:1 compression ratio.

Originally, this came out of an ST185 All-Trac, basically same engine as the one in the MR2T.

I been searching on the MR2 forums for pricing with no luck and been out of the loop for a while.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/25/14 2:45 p.m.

$1500-$2000 i'd say. With paperwork.

Slippery
10/25/14 3:01 p.m.

When you say paperwork, which one are you talking about? I have the machine shop receipts.

I know the car it came out of and the current owner (I bought from a previous owner over 10 years ago). I have no bill of sale, but I could put a potential buyer in touch with the owner's car.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/25/14 6:04 p.m.

Paperwork proving the parts I think.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/25/14 10:28 p.m.

Yep, proving parts. Machine shop reciept is a nice bonus, but if I were buying something like that already assembled, i'd be having my shop check it all out first.

You're sitting on a 600hp motor if the parts list checks out, so it's worth some money.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
10/25/14 11:28 p.m.

head isn't on it... good photos should show the pistons, you can also show the ARP studs... and finally, you can take photos of the port work, and chambers...

Slippery
10/26/14 11:19 a.m.

Thanks guys.

I do have all the receipts.

This was going to go into my ST165 All-Trac but it never happened.

I have to start cataloging all the parts and come up with a price. I even have a full Blitz exhaust and Aussie downpipe/midpipe. CT20 and a GrpA Harness ECU along with the factory harness and ECU.

If I want to unload this quick, what would be the best forum? MR2, AllTrac?

Thanks

kanaric
kanaric Dork
10/26/14 11:25 a.m.
Slippery wrote: Thanks guys. I do have all the receipts. This was going to go into my ST165 All-Trac but it never happened. I have to start cataloging all the parts and come up with a price. I even have a full Blitz exhaust and Aussie downpipe/midpipe. CT20 and a GrpA Harness ECU along with the factory harness and ECU. If I want to unload this quick, what would be the best forum? MR2, AllTrac? Thanks

Both

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QFmN6PLZr9DIUyr18oLIxZvuqfY8dm0AgGzEMhGLjKx5m7celHKTzffcXPnBVHuF