Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/25/14 10:51 a.m.

I pass some interesting cars on the way to work usually. Triumph TR7 at the used car lot surrounded by appliances, early CRX Si, early 80s looking Porsche 924 for sale...

Today I saw something in a driveway & couldn't remember what it was called. It's an 80's Shelby thing, front end looks like a Charger but it has a bed like an El Camino. Silver with blue Shelby graphics.

Someone here will remember what it's called.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 HalfDork
3/25/14 10:54 a.m.

Rampage

• Lee
turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/25/14 10:55 a.m.

Sounds like a Dodge Rampage with the DC/Shelby option. Very rare external update to the also rare 84 Dodge Rampage. No performance updates, but that is easily dealt with. Great little trucks though, still miss my 84.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
3/25/14 11:01 a.m.

Yep, Rampage

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
3/25/14 11:02 a.m.

Dang it clicked on the wrong button. Happy Jack beat me to the pic. I was using this one.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/25/14 11:05 a.m.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
3/25/14 11:23 a.m.

I wonder how the engine from THIS would work in a Rampage? (Chrysler Maserati TC)

Not mine, no affiliation.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/25/14 11:30 a.m.

Quite nicely. Would more or less bolt right in. Actually the Maserati 2.2 DOHC fits in the L-body better than the Lotus 2.2 DOHC motor does. Not 100% sure about the 5-speed fitting, but I suspect that some work on the L-body transaxle mount will get it to fit.

There was a guy in Florida that built a Charger GLH-S with one of those drivetrains in it. Had a lot of fun with it and he was also the defacto Masi-head expert in the Turbo-Dodge circles (I think his name was Rick Diogo? He had a Viper and a 3000GT VR-4 at one point as well).

I would certainly run polyurethane motor mounts and reinforce the strut tower/inner fender well welds along with the front cross member welds (they are all spot welds from the factory and liable to fail when you push them with 200+hp and/or sticky tires and stiff suspension).

Electrical is pretty well documented and the later electronics are easier to swap in, since you just plug it into the appropriate firewall plug with some potential moving of pins around, etc.

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer New Reader
3/25/14 11:45 a.m.

Definelty a Rampage. My uncle built one up and it fus a fun little truck-car thing. So fun to watch peoples faces when he dropped the clutch at lights.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/14 11:46 a.m.

There was also a version known as the Plymouth Scamp. 1983 only.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/25/14 11:48 a.m.

Sure enough. Slightly rough shape, just some scuff marks but looked interesting.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
3/25/14 11:58 a.m.

GRM Challenge Rampage

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/25/14 12:35 p.m.

Is it for sale? I want a rampage for some reason.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/25/14 2:10 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

I don't know, didn't see any signs. I'll look closer tomorrow morning.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/25/14 4:12 p.m.

TR7? Where is this gem?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gm1tsen8s1gnMv7872SV3NyDXkTJnqUMC0E9upBViwqIVh4owkQYIvfIVcQC5C3t