Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
11/15/19 9:11 p.m.

I just got my new HANS adjustable and it came with the quick release latches. My old device has the slide clip latch. I bought the new adjustable device because my original 20 degree won't work for my Formula 500 as typical of single sweaters it has a semi lay down driving position.  

My dilemma, if you could call it that, is that I wanted to keep one device for the Datsun and one for the F500 but the quick release latches seem nicer to deal with.

So my question for people who've used both styles which do you prefer and why.? 

Dave M
Dave M HalfDork
11/16/19 6:10 a.m.

They invented the quick release for a reason - the old style anchors are a pain when you're wearing the helmet. If I was in the market for anchors, I'd go with the quick release.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
11/16/19 7:12 a.m.

For putting them on blind when belted in it's easier to get standard posts hooked IMO, taking off prefer I QR. In an emergency situation I'd say releasing the QR is going to be faster/smoother, the standard posts in gloves are clumsy.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/16/19 11:25 a.m.
accordionfolder said:

For putting them on blind when belted in it's easier to get standard posts hooked IMO, taking off prefer I QR. In an emergency situation I'd say releasing the QR is going to be faster/smoother, the standard posts in gloves are clumsy.

I think that the usual recommendation is to keep the HANS on when getting out of the car in an emergency situation.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
11/16/19 11:49 a.m.

In an emergency situation I won't be taking the time to disconnect the HANS. I've practiced getting out of the car in my dark garage and I leave the HANS on.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UMyTnucL1OO75m4u8xp5j9AT6LFzwZAEIcI9rFZ0Ia3gnDoTybxwoaSvic72d0bv