DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
11/4/18 11:21 a.m.

I apparently have too many vehicles and am told I need to get rid of one. I don't know why or if I will but at this point in time if i had to chose I have no idea which one I would get rid of. Let's play a fun game of what should I get rid of instead of "what should I get?" 

S2000 is a 2005 with 128k on the clock. I've been using as a daily for the last 7 months. 2 prior owners, 1st owner hit a street sign leaving the dealer in 2004 so it's got that on it's carfax. Sebring Silver with red/black interior. It's in fairly good shape; however, Hondas single stage clear is fading/chipping, headlights are yellowing (despite cleaning and clear coating), and interior carpet needs to be replaced. Other than that, the car is bone stock and is rock solid. 

E36 is a 1999 with 156k on the clock. It's Technoviolet and a coupe. I guess it's somewhat of a rare color. Two prior owners as well, again first owner was in some sort of minor incident that was reported to carfax. It has a few mods like springs/shocks, catback, z3 intake, aluminum radiator, etc. I haven't driven it much due to work obligations of having me in another part of the country. I've enjoyed the few times I've driven it and the color is pretty rad. 

Both serve as DD/Track day cars since I never get to take my chumpcar to a track day because the co-owners always stake claim to that seat time (they need it). 

The other option is to sell my house and move somewhere that has more garage space and a bigger driveway. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/4/18 11:29 a.m.

Um who's telling a grown man what to do with his stuff? 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/4/18 11:49 a.m.

If future value is important, I see the S2000 being worth more. They made so many E36 M3s. You could ge a fare chunk more fir it because Technoviolet.

Also, wtf? If you are co-owner of a Chumpcar, and are not allowed to drive it, you are not a co-owner. You are a donator.

Dave M
Dave M New Reader
11/4/18 12:11 p.m.

Sell the S2000, it's worth a lot!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise New Reader
11/4/18 12:42 p.m.

Sell the house 

buy a bigger house 

don’t let anyone tell you what to do 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/4/18 12:50 p.m.

Sell the stake in the chumpcar. 

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
11/4/18 2:24 p.m.

Don't sell the E36 M3.  They are the E36 M3, for real.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/4/18 2:31 p.m.

Sell whoever is telling you to get rid of a car.

_
_ Reader
11/4/18 2:54 p.m.

I’ll play devils advocate. Keep the s2k. They’ve yet to release a successor in the states. Meanwhile, everyone and their mom has owned an M power vehicle. The S2k might be collector status at some point. 

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
11/4/18 4:03 p.m.

I am looking to buy a S2000 but I just can't do silver. I am an actual color guy so I generally stay away from white, black and silver. The very colors that make up about 90% of all vehicles. Otherwise I could potentially help you out. 

OzarkOwen
OzarkOwen New Reader
11/4/18 10:07 p.m.

I’ve owned both in the last five years; I no longer have either. I don’t miss the 06 S2k. Too low( I’m 68 y/o) and just never enjoyed daily driving a car with so little torque. My previous modded Miatas were more fun. I may buy another Miata but have no desire for another S2K.

I miss the 97 e36 M3.  Yes, it had frequent cels, an erratic idle when cold, I had to pay someone to work on it, but it put a smile on my face everyday I drove it. It made me happy; that’s always the bottom line for me.

Sold it due to a lack of covered parking for winter, but as I type this, I regret It. 

freetors
freetors Reader
11/4/18 10:27 p.m.

As an S2000 owner I have to say, it's the only car I've driven that really felt special. And I don't just mean that it's good. I mean that it's more than the sum of it's parts, it's always an experience to drive, it always makes you feel better in some special,hard to define way after driving it. I wouldn't necessarily go so far to say that it has a "soul". But it does convey a purpose and focus and character that I find lacking in the automotive landscape of the last 20 years. It's definitely not the best at any one thing, and I wouldn't want to drive it every day, but I just can't imagine driving, real driving, without it.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
11/4/18 11:04 p.m.

I’d keep the e36,  then sell the s2k and buy something exotic to attract the hot women.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/18 6:49 a.m.

Or a motorcycle.  They attract chicks and are far cheaper than a low level exotic.

_
_ Reader
11/5/18 9:19 a.m.

Of note, if anyone is “JdM Y9! For Life”, the s2000 is still King of the Touge on Best Motoring. 

kanaric
kanaric SuperDork
11/5/18 12:04 p.m.

S2000 is one of the best cars ever made and seem to be selling for a lot of money. 

The E36 M3 is still the American malaise version and I don't see them ever being worth anything, especially now that you can import the Euro versions. 

Keep the S2000. When you get bored of it sell it in a couple of years and you will probably get $2000+ more than you will get now. 

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
11/5/18 5:21 p.m.

If back seats are not necessary, than the S2k is a keeper.

You've already hit on the ultimate solution though:

The other option is to sell my house and move somewhere that has more garage space and a bigger driveway. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XwXPBkejPgFtoU0B4B2p0tfvDWprw8gQkHPYjGQBDPgp3YITUa03KVqVM9zmZK0j