1 2 3
drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
5/24/16 6:11 p.m.

I can't get into details, but the backseats of these cars had big comfy backseats

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/24/16 6:53 p.m.
TIGMOTORSPORTS wrote: 73-77 GM A Body was very popular on the short circle tracks for a long time (especially the Monte Carlo). Speedway Motors has some stuff for these also. I say keep it, clean it, if it doesn't run please find a Pontiac 400, and Challenge it. Does it have the bucket seats and console? Some A bodies had swivel bucket seats

Thanks for the info, but the only way this car has a challenge in its future is under the ownership of somebody else.
I'll get some interior pics this weekend, and check for the swivel buckets.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
5/24/16 7:00 p.m.
IndyJoe wrote:
stroker wrote: Scrap that car and we'll kill you. Twice.
Sold, how soon can you come get it?

If you can figure out the title/lein situation and what engine it has...

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/24/16 8:32 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Oh man, that Grand Am is in sad shape. These are my favorite variation of the "colonnade" 1973-77 A-Body cars, and one of my favorite Pontiacs, period. They are really nice looking cars, and were more or less a "gentleman's GTO" of sorts. They almost offered these in both wagon and SD455 form! There's even one concept wagon out there that has the SD455! Also, the 1973 GTO hood bolts on and is super cool. Yours is in really rough condition, but someone restoring a Grand Am would love to have it for parts. If I lived nearby, I'd be by with a cherry picker to harvest that 400 at the very least. They are getting hard to come by up here. I would think that you could get $500 pretty easily for that on one of the Facebook groups like Pontiac Pickers Classifieds.

This would look good in your driveway next to your other Pontiac. More Mullet !

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/24/16 8:39 p.m.
stroker wrote:
IndyJoe wrote:
stroker wrote: Scrap that car and we'll kill you. Twice.
Sold, how soon can you come get it?
If you can figure out the title/lein situation and what engine it has...

I was just sayin'..... earlier that I'm enough of a car guy to NOT send anything to the crusher, with out at LEAST offering it to an enthusiast for purchase/restore/part out. This is NOT my car though. It has lived in my parents barn for at least 20-25 years. Owner stopped paying storage fees well over 10 years ago, and has been a NO show, NO response. My parents WILL have a storage/mechanics lein/ title transfer. So title WILL be in their name soon. They have jumped through about 75% of the hoops/police inspection/VIN verification/ BMV / court paper work & paying fees. I'll get some pics of the interior/engine this weekend and see if the engine turns freely or is locked up.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
5/24/16 9:10 p.m.

I'd guess $1000, maybe $2000 if it has the top engine option and a 4 speed.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/24/16 9:29 p.m.
BrokenYugo wrote: I'd guess $1000, maybe $2000 if it has the top engine option and a 4 speed.

Very few Grand Ams in 1973 (the number I've heard is 187) had a four speed transmission, and only with a 400 engine - not the 455.

SPG123
SPG123 Reader
5/24/16 9:52 p.m.

Oh boy. Does it have swivel buckets? Auto or manual?

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
5/25/16 12:54 a.m.

In reply to IndyJoe:

Boy, it sure is neat, tho!!! It's a shame something that rare/extinct is worth so little.

I remember them as a kid. Badass looking car at the time.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
5/25/16 6:30 a.m.

I cant find any redeeming qualities on that car.

If it could be cleaned, got running and driven at that point, it might be worth a couple of grand.

As is, it has enough rust and is missing enough unobtainable parts that it could not be restored or driven.

If you wanted to he a hero, you could part it out and make some fans happy, but that sounds like work to me.

If the $400 scrap value is them collecting it, I would put it on Craigslist for $500 and give it a week.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/27/16 3:12 p.m.

The C'list ad is live.

Link to ad with contact info

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
5/27/16 3:33 p.m.

These were decent cars for the day, which isn't saying a lot.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/27/16 3:36 p.m.

Love the tags!

fireball123
fireball123 New Reader
5/27/16 3:46 p.m.

why u put 9999999 for odometer

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
5/27/16 4:15 p.m.

If that has a poncho 400 with a 4bbl under the hood, I'd be interested in the engine for the lemans....but I am in no way able to take the complete car to do so.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/27/16 5:33 p.m.
fireball123 wrote: why u put 9999999 for odometer

The computer wouldn't let me leave it blank, and I am two hours away at the moment. I will update with actual when I see the odometer.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
5/27/16 6:11 p.m.
IndyJoe wrote: The C'list ad is live. Link to ad with contact info

E36 M3

berkeley

Lol

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
5/27/16 6:13 p.m.

Bet I haven't seen one in well over ten years but after this thread started I saw one just a couple days later on the way to work. Seeing in person reminded me how I liked 'em, same color as OP too.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/27/16 6:23 p.m.
drainoil wrote: I can't get into details, but the backseats of these cars had big comfy backseats

Yes. Yes they do.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
5/27/16 6:39 p.m.

Good luck.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/28/16 9:04 a.m.
IndyJoe wrote:

It must be a sign of my looming senility, but God help me, this looks good to me. What was that Ryan Gosling movie with the Malibu/Chevelle from this era? Drive?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
5/28/16 9:43 a.m.

I've always thought that a GM intermediate body from this period would make an awesome vintage NASCAR look alike. Who was racing Pontiacs in the mid seventies?

This livery is a bit to loud for me

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
5/28/16 9:52 a.m.

When I turned 16 (1987) and bought my first car, I frequented the local Champion Auto Parts store. This was the local speed shop type place at the time, and a guy that worked there at the parts counter had one of these. It was just plain cool. The slopped back end, aero nose, etc.

However it ends up (restored, circle track car, challenge car, etc) it's better then where it's sitting now. Hopefully a future driver for someone.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/29/16 6:00 p.m.

Sold this weekend before I was able to post the pics I took. Sale price = $500.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
5/29/16 6:04 p.m.

Someone got a good buy

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dGacD2PtfbIVfhPJzUqSc4ryUTTrid9df8AnX20U9L55y4xBfmDI733ckQ2r7Nji