1 2 3
stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/29/16 6:08 p.m.

Yup, a good buy. The engine alone is probably worth that much.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/29/16 6:53 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Yup, a good buy. The engine alone is probably worth that much.

Seller, (my parents) were motivated to sell. (moving out in 10 days). Lesson to be learned here, There are Deals out there to be had.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/29/16 6:55 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: I've always thought that a GM intermediate body from this period would make an awesome vintage NASCAR look alike. Who was racing Pontiacs in the mid seventies? This livery is a bit to loud for me

I'm so glad I didn't see these pics, or consider this option. I do really fancy the look of that Red, White and blue one.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/29/16 7:05 p.m.

LOL, now that it's sold everyone will tell you how much more it was worth. $500 was solid money for that car. You did good.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/29/16 7:45 p.m.

Nothing wrong with the selling price - as you said, your parents just wanted to get it out of there. The main thing is it worked out well for them as well as the buyer.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/16 8:24 p.m.

My wife wallet and neighbors are happy I didn't see this earlier.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
6/2/16 1:22 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Yup, a good buy. The engine alone is probably worth that much.

Depends upon which parts it had, but for a 36-3800lb car, with a poncho 400/TH400 combo, that is a very fair price for all parties involved. I would have paid $400 for just the engine(if not seized) & trans if it originally was a 4bbl car. I am tempted to buy a 421 locally since there's a guy in Muncie with loads of them.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
6/2/16 1:28 p.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?:

It had a two barrel on it. I took a ton of pics, but didn't post any because it sold to the second guy who showed up to look at it, and the first one to make an offer.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
6/2/16 1:58 p.m.

In reply to IndyJoe:

Ahh, I'd say the drivetrain was worth around 3 bills then.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NMgF27meYUpMpvxng8OwusfNBwf8nSVRWDDWSCzYMG3X5NYd0z3sybM2aNOe6pMX