Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/19/20 2:58 p.m.

I have been hanging on to my 94' Integra GS-R for a few years now, and not using it as much as I should.  I think its time to fix it or move on to something else, but I'm not sure what something like this is worth anymore.  There are some good parts on the car that might be useful for people interested in motorsports.  The car itself still runs and drives but is showing its age with faded Honda red paint and the dented drivers side quarter from my neighbor backing into the car a few years ago.  I've used it as an automotive jack of all trades for daily driving, autocross, HPDE, and latest for rallycross.  I have maintenance records since NEW, and I've done plenty under my ownership since 2012.  Needs an exhaust leak fixed on the header, trailing arm bushings (again), and a tie rod or two to pass PA inspection.   Mileage sits at 162k.

Currently on the car:

• Headman Header + Catless + Yonaka cat-back
  • K&N Intake
  • Baffled stock oil pan
  • Recent waterpump and alternator
  • Koyo radiator
  • GSR Transmission with aftermarket LSD (locks up very tight)
  • Full set of poly bushings throughout the car
  • ASR Subframe brace and uprated rear sway bar
  • Fresh rotors and pads with braided stainless lines
  • Rolled fenders to fit 15x8s
  • Stock height suspension for rallyx

Available extras if someone wants to track it again:

• Autopower 4-Point bolt in roll bar
  • Planted seat rails and bracket
  • Koni shocks with H&R race springs
  • Snow tires on saturn wheels or Stock wheels

Google Photos Album

Let me know what you think this is worth and where you would sell it.  Other than here of course!  Do I sell it whole?  Do I part it out or are these cars not popular enough to bother anymore?

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/19/20 3:03 p.m.

Those Saturn rims look right at home on there. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/20 3:13 p.m.

That is absolutely worth selling whole. I'm not sure what to throw out for a price but I'd think in the range of $2-4K given that it looks pretty clean aside from the fender damage and hasn't been riced into oblivion.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
6/19/20 4:28 p.m.

I just sold my 01 GSR sedan. Mint, inside and out. Needs nothing. 

The condition yours is in, I would pay $2700-$3100.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/20 7:36 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

I just sold my 01 GSR sedan. Mint, inside and out. Needs nothing. 

The condition yours is in, I would pay $2700-$3100.

I know nothing about these cars, but this is exactly what popped into my mind too. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/20 8:11 p.m.

How hard is it to find return to stock parts in 2020?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
6/19/20 8:21 p.m.

I will buy it for $2700-3000 if you hold on to it for a month or two. I seen Pennsylvania plates on it - how bad is the underside? 

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/19/20 8:30 p.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

If you're in NE Ohio it's a dream, because PA has vehicle inspections and Ohio does not

I'm going to assume that it's good, because

A: it still exists

B: it doesn't look beat to hell

C: the doors still line up and the bumpers and rocker skirts aren't held on by wood screws

79rex
79rex Reader
6/19/20 9:32 p.m.

In reply to Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) :

Let me know what you think this is worth and where you would sell it.  Other than here of course!  Do I sell it whole?  Do I part it out or are these cars not popular enough to bother anymore?

your in for a huge surprise if you think these arent popular anymore.  looks to be fairly rust free in the usual bad spots.  At a good price Id give that a week before sold, at least if your in the midwest.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/19/20 9:52 p.m.

Not going to lie, I would rather have an EP3 for reasons, but I also would pay cash for it tomorrow at the numbers thrown around.  Well, Sunday, there is rallycross tomorrow.

I'd still want to find a stock manifold and cat and airbox, though.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
6/19/20 9:55 p.m.

My buddy just paid 800 for a roller of that car in worse shape. They are still a pretty popular car. I would start at 3500 and go from there personally. 

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
6/19/20 11:43 p.m.

You wanna trade for an 02 wrx wagon? I jest but I would love to see something like this pop up local to me. Around here people are asking 4.5k and up for integras from what I can see.

Maybe 5 years ago I was car shopping, and a wrecked GS-R grabbed my attention. Low mileage, 85K i think, wrecked as in totalled, un-drivable, but complete. $3750. I'm not sure they got that. 

That's all I got. They are getting scarce. GLWS.

Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/20/20 9:32 a.m.

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I had an idea what good ones are worth like the sedan mr2s2000elise recently sold, but not one like this.

The car has been in Pennsylvania all of its life so there is some minor rust behind the rear wheels where all Hondas have trouble, but its certainly no rot box.  Actually since I've had most of the parts that bolt on removed at some point its actually quite easy to work on.

boxedfox (Forum Supporter)
boxedfox (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/20/20 10:26 a.m.

I think mr2s2000elise is right on the money. Parts availability is still good and there's still an enthusiastic fanbase for them, but like many cars this age, there's going to be a labor of love involved in getting the car back to great condition.

If you can get 3000 USD from a buyer who will take care of, I would take it.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
6/20/20 3:31 p.m.

It’s a dream car for a lot of kids out there. And you’ve got receipts since new. I’d start at 3500 and see how many bites you get.

Just be sure to type vtec and wishbooooooooones in the ad.

shelbyz
shelbyz Reader
6/22/20 4:01 p.m.

I've always wanted one of these or an EM1 Si, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger due to how frequently they end up getting stolen.

That said, it might just be a location thing and not an issue for everybody.

Here in SE MI it's been an issue for like 2 decades and continues to this day. Back when there were still a lot of them around, it seemed like a majority of guys that had stock B-series cars or Honda's that appeared modified enough to potentially house a B-series had their cars eventually stolen. It would disappear one day and you'd either never see it again or it would turn up as a shell in a rough part of Detroit, sometimes after it had been on fire. Local import enthusiast forum even had a "stolen" subforum so guys could either post up their Honda's/Acura's that got stolen or post pictures of shell's they found to see if anybody recognized them. There was even a pretty well known performance shop that specialized in Honda stuff that threw in the towel because they were constantly dealing with attempted and sometimes successful break ins. And that was in a nice suburban area. Guys were doing all sorts of stuff like installing hidden fuel pump switches, pulling relays/fuses or removing quick release aftermarket steering wheels when they went anywhere. One guy was even hooking a chain around his rear LCA and padlocking it to road signs and fence posts, etc. But it was like the thieves were the same guys, kept tabs on who had what and where and made sure to cover their bases for all the anti theft measures owners were using. IIRC, there was a guy with a Type R that he made sure to keep locked up in the garage or blocked in the driveway. Then, the one day he dozed off on the couch while it wasn't blocked, he woke up and it was gone. I'm also pretty sure they ended up bringing some bolt cutters to get the chain guys car.

Just when I thought maybe they'd moved on to something else, a buddy of mine bought a clean looking turbo D-series EK hatch last year. I think he maybe had it for 3 months before he walked out of work and it wasn't there. Security footage basically looked like somebody getting dropped off to pick up their car, unlocking it, firing it up and driving it away like no big deal. Luckily he had full coverage, but I'm not sure how well he made out considering all the extra stuff invested.

Probably just serves as good advice to any prospective Integra owner to consider investing in some theft deterrent and/or good insurance coverage.

Back on topic... based on what I've seen out there, $3k is probably a good starting point.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ba2zpvhAKZDmwGPOxavXMx80IKcYg93fGVAN66g95M3fAClbsGEMOInaSoSY0my4