mdshaw
mdshaw New Reader
2/2/10 4:09 p.m.

If I were to sell our really nice 87 CRX HF with a D15B4, dual side Kiehin drafts, header, rear sway bar, A/T. How much would it sell for? My usual method of getting a price isn't working - Ebay. I haven't seen a decent 1 gen CRX on there in about a year.
We bought this one for our daughter who just got her license. I kind of snuck it by the boss - mom/wife. She now wants it sold since she feels it is not the safest car for a new girl driver - can't say as I disagree. I just couldn't pass it up when our daughter found it. It is an awesome car, a great mix of old school/modern drivetrain. The sound the exhaust and the dual Keihins/cones/filters makes at close to 7k rpm is an awesome sound. I rescued it from a kid who didn't know how to get it running right & didn't appreciate it. Here's some pics. http://s998.photobucket.com/albums/af106/mdrbshaw/

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
2/3/10 9:41 a.m.

The slushbox is going to hurt the price a lot. As a buyer/owner of several 1g crx's / 3g civics, I'd say anything under $1k is a steal, $1500 is a great deal, $2k is 'reasonable,' but you're going to have a lot of lowballers.

That being said, there have been plenty on ebay over the past year, and the prices are waaaaaay inflated there; I've seen absolute rusty turd DX's pull over a grand. I'd guess that's probably your best bet for the most cash. I'm guessing it'd pull over $2k if it's as nice as it looks, but before you post it there, are you sure it's an HF? Might want to double check the VIN.

mdshaw
mdshaw New Reader
2/3/10 12:18 p.m.

I did. 6th digit is a 1, so yes it is an HF.

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
uOSloV9RRwmCX0lVe0mMUjfIYLZQzI3a