1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
10/25/17 10:46 a.m.

And I have a parked-for-years, rusty as hell, disgustingly dirty with insects living in it 81? 82? Datsun B210 wagon that can be had for scrap value - which ain't much. You'll have to drag it out of the pinestraw and deal with the ants yourself. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/25/17 11:37 a.m.

In reply to ultraclyde :

And you aren't far from me ... No we've already decided on our car for 2018. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
10/25/17 11:41 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to ultraclyde :

And you aren't far from me ... No we've already decided on our car for 2018. 

2 car team ?

Stampie
10/25/17 11:54 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I thought you and I were cool with each other?  One car is enough to kill me, no way could we run two. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/25/17 11:57 a.m.

I’m just going to leave this here. Dodge magnum RT

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/25/17 12:22 p.m.

I think I want to go with a v90 Volvo or a 960 wagon.  Keep your eyes peeled.. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/25/17 12:29 p.m.

Get your wagons, all your wagons, Craigslisters beware...

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/201x-classifieds/2018-wagon-finds-thread/133923/page1/

i.e. I started a thread just for wagon finds... just in cases

lots of Volvo action already.  Anyone know how to I.d. The 2.3 vs 2.0 in Focus wagons?  (Assuming C/L finest even give us a picture of the engine bay)

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
10/25/17 12:33 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I thought you and I were cool with each other?  One car is enough to kill me, no way could we run two. 

We're cool..... As long as your team's car is a Saturn powered BMW 2002

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/17 12:42 p.m.

I was talking with pimpm3 about how to define a wagon. I proposed a mathematical rule regarding the number of doors and length of the windows, I've refined it to something that I think would be hard to cheat:

A wagon has 2 doors and at least 3 windows on each side, the last window being at least 80% the length of the movable portion of the window above the 2nd door, with at least 50% of its length overhanging the rear axle line. The rear roof edge is at a point in line with or behind the rear of the factory rear wheels.

Many modern hatch/wagon things would fail this, but that's kind of the point if you want a *wagon.*

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/25/17 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Mother of God I'm glad that's not closer.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/25/17 12:51 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

The misfire scared me too much to pursue. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/25/17 12:56 p.m.
sleepyhead said:

Get your wagons, all your wagons, Craigslisters beware...

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/201x-classifieds/2018-wagon-finds-thread/133923/page1/

i.e. I started a thread just for wagon finds... just in cases

lots of Volvo action already.  Anyone know how to I.d. The 2.3 vs 2.0 in Focus wagons?  (Assuming C/L finest even give us a picture of the engine bay)

Ford Performance sells (or used to sell) a kit to fit a SBF/T-5/8.8 into a Focus that was basically a bolt-in, so there's room.  devil

Stampie
10/25/17 1:09 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Naw that's too obvious wink

Stampie
10/25/17 1:10 p.m.

I could fix that faster than I took to wire your NO2.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/25/17 1:12 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Any reason it seems to be spitting oil all over the left bank valve cover but not the right?  Or is that "poor oil fill technique" induced?

Stampie
10/25/17 1:17 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

I think that's just because it's a Dodge. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/17 1:18 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

what's wrong with a 740/45?

jstand
jstand Dork
10/25/17 1:19 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

I was talking with pimpm3 about how to define a wagon. I proposed a mathematical rule regarding the number of doors and length of the windows, I've refined it to something that I think would be hard to cheat:

A wagon has 2 doors and at least 3 windows on each side, the last window being at least 80% the length of the movable portion of the window above the 2nd door, with at least 50% of its length overhanging the rear axle line. The rear roof edge is at a point in line with or behind the rear of the factory rear wheels.

Many modern hatch/wagon things would fail this, but that's kind of the point if you want a *wagon.*

A less mathematical approach that would exclude most hatchbacks, could be to define it as the following:

A vehicle with A,B,C,D pillars where the measurement between the C and D pillars at the roof line is greater than the measurement between the A and B pillars at the roofline. 

Vehicles in a panel wagon configuration that have a equivalent station wagon model (wheelbase, OAL, height, roof line length) that meet the above definition are also acceptable. 

A similar approach might be applicable to 2 door wagons but compar the A-B dimension with the B-C dimension, but I haven’t looked at examples to see if it would work. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/17 1:20 p.m.

technically my Disco is a wagon, says so according to the DMV

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/25/17 1:22 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

I’m just going to leave this here. Dodge magnum RT

Love it

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
10/25/17 1:27 p.m.
mad_machine said:
pimpm3 said:

I think the difference being the later cars had independent rear suspension, vs. the stick axle of the earlier ones.  But it could be something else.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/25/17 1:37 p.m.
Stampie said:

I could fix that faster than I took to wire your NO2.

When I searched online it isn’t uncommon for the misfire to be caused by cam wear, or other valve train issues. At 170k miles I wasn’t going to risk $2000 or whatever number the guy accepted. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/25/17 2:01 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Rear suspension + inline 6 + added turbo = cool. 

Also I like the smoother later bodystyle better.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/25/17 3:28 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:
mad_machine said:
pimpm3 said:

I think the difference being the later cars had independent rear suspension, vs. the stick axle of the earlier ones.  But it could be something else.

The 9 series cars were also a bit larger and heavier.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/25/17 4:56 p.m.

I don't know if I'll be bringing a wagon or just participating in a team that brings a wagon. I plan to be there. All hail the subclass!

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xtYjJj1JSD0C3n6VqfavBN4IqlNn431RgnT6HBVFe9DN3nG53QzxZwRRS1rzGb3w