1 2 3 4 5
JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/2/20 9:24 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

I don't do Recurrent Monthly Outgoes.  I see some others don't either. How about setting up an annual, billed setting, like $35/yr or something?

same here.  I also likeTom's paypal option better than the patreon, for the same reason as Dr. Hess mentions above

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
4/2/20 9:53 p.m.

You came close to getting me to support. But I'm here for factual info on cars/racing not political crap.

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/2/20 10:22 p.m.

In reply to L5wolvesf :

This place is crazy good for cars/racing. Poltical content is verboten. Sure you get some people bickering about dumb stuff, but that's the minority. Look at threads the the current $30 two step one, or any of the crazy Challenge builds. I honestly can't think of another place online where everyone plays this well together. 

 

Edit: unless this is a day-late April Fool's joke. In which case, you got me laugh

jerrysarcastic
jerrysarcastic None
4/3/20 4:10 a.m.

I’ve been a lurker for some time, but I get so much out of being here that it’s time to step up and make it official. Y’all have an great place here and I’m glad to help keep the good times going.

Stay awesome and I hope my minor contribution helps!  \o/

 

 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/3/20 8:30 a.m.

Done.

I had no idea it cost so much just for photo hosting.  

When does the (Forum Supporter) appear?  I don't see it as a badge of honor, I'm embarrassed it's not there given the amount of time I spend here and my number of posts!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/3/20 8:44 a.m.

Yeah, you all have been busy bees with the photo uploading! 

I'm applying new Forum Supporter tags now.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
4/3/20 9:52 a.m.

Did you get me?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/3/20 10:04 a.m.

Thank you, everyone. The support is much appreciated. 

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
4/3/20 1:44 p.m.

Paid via Paypal yesterday!! Be sad to see this place go away.

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
4/3/20 3:22 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to L5wolvesf :

This place is crazy good for cars/racing. Poltical content is verboten. Sure you get some people bickering about dumb stuff, but that's the minority. Look at threads the the current $30 two step one, or any of the crazy Challenge builds. I honestly can't think of another place online where everyone plays this well together. 

 

Edit: unless this is a day-late April Fool's joke. In which case, you got me laugh

Agreed, this place is interesting and diverse for cars/racing. As long as it keeps to that and related subject matter.

 

Yes, the rules say political content is verboten I reread them last night it says “You will refrain from politics”, but it’s not enforced. Lack of enforcement is tacit approval, which is sleazy IMO. Today a “Mod” acknowledged the political part of a post, as others had already done, and approve it.

Xxxx said:

And thanks to those that have chosen to focus on sharks instead of politics. If we keep doing that, this thread can remain open.

 

That is approval not refrain. So the rule really is not a rule.

 

If I want to swim in a political sewer I would be on Facebook

 

Sorry, not a late April Fool's joke, but you got yourself covered – good move. wink

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/3/20 3:27 p.m.

They let one or two slip through occasionally, but overall they're pretty strict. You should see what gets deleted every day!

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
4/3/20 3:31 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

They let one or two slip through occasionally, but overall they're pretty strict. You should see what gets deleted every day!

I could understand a slip through - that happens. This is blatant and approved political content contrary to the posted "rule".

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/3/20 3:36 p.m.

In reply to L5wolvesf :

You know, I read back through it and you're right. Locked.

Will you help support this community now?

Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter)
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/3/20 6:35 p.m.

Tom, if it were mine to do I would duplicate this thread as a sticky at the top of ALL of the GRM forums.  Until recently I came straight into the build forums without looking in the others and could have missed this whole movement.  Maybe you'll get a few more folks pulling on an oar!

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/3/20 8:03 p.m.

Sharks with Lasers got locked?!? 

 

And the thread was about something else?

 

I'll have to restart the thread with it's real purpose...

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
4/3/20 9:41 p.m.

Didn't think twice, this place is family. We got each other's backs here. Wish I could do more. 

boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
4/3/20 10:32 p.m.

Agreed. Done. Easy.

mjrj
mjrj New Reader
4/3/20 11:07 p.m.

I like this place.  I wish I had found it a long time ago.  I had a subscription back in 2002-2006 I honestly can't remember why I lapsed.  And even though I haven't posted a lot, and haven't autocrossed since 2007-8 I feel like this is home.  I asked my wife if she was cutting onions and she wasn't.

 

Edit:  just resubsribed!

bgkast
bgkast PowerDork
4/4/20 12:56 a.m.

Done.

 

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/4/20 5:48 a.m.
L5wolvesf said:
Tom Suddard said:

They let one or two slip through occasionally, but overall they're pretty strict. You should see what gets deleted every day!

I could understand a slip through - that happens. This is blatant and approved political content contrary to the posted "rule".

Seriously? You're going to "stick to sports" GRM? Come on.... Quit trolling and give these guys a few bucks so we can all keep talking about plywood splitters and rust repair!

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/4/20 8:06 a.m.
Felixy said:

I don't do Recurrent Monthly Outgoes.  I see some others don't either. How about setting up an annual, billed setting, like $35/yr or something?

What's the difference between the "Supporter" and "Reader" designations?

 

I like this

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
4/4/20 2:17 p.m.

It's nice to see the number of supporters and monthly take. I hope it helps!!

I signed up, in case it's confusing to connect my cryptic user name to my real name.

appliance_racer
appliance_racer Reader
4/4/20 4:08 p.m.

I'm a patreon noob but had to sign up to help GRM. How do I up my donation from 3 bucks? I luckily can spare more than $3 a month and would like to pass it on. 

appliance_racer said:

I'm a patreon noob but had to sign up to help GRM. How do I up my donation from 3 bucks? I luckily can spare more than $3 a month and would like to pass it on. 

I had same thing happen.  I think you go in to your profile on patreon, there's a place to edit your contribution.  don't remember exactly how,  but rummage around a bit.

Just wasn't going let that damned thing hold me to $3 for my favorite place to lurk about...

 

appliance_racer said:

I'm a patreon noob but had to sign up to help GRM. How do I up my donation from 3 bucks? I luckily can spare more than $3 a month and would like to pass it on. 

In patreon click on your membership profile icon in the upper right hand corner, and then select manage memberships. 

Full instructions here: https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000126286-Update-my-membership-amount

1 2 3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
xDMBk4l0yy5o1wdS0kWE0pkDsSHa5r6hc9t0WdJ9fzxVwG8UuBzTy02nBcM5WWt3