Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/16 8:29 a.m.

I've been using C-List Pro but it may be time for an upgrade.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/3/16 8:52 a.m.

They all seem to have about the same name but I have used cPro Craigslist on Android. I am generally happy with it.

Wxdude10
Wxdude10 Reader
2/3/16 9:01 a.m.

I've ended up just using saved searches on my craigslist account. I found that most of the apps weren't getting everything, or had stale ads.. Plus the apps were slowing down both my tablet and my iphone, especially if I had saved searches in the app.

You can expand the areas that you search to add surrounding areas. I even have searches for the Atlanta area and I'm logged in through the Boston site. Then, I have a bookmark to my Craigslist searches page.

-Mike

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
2/3/16 9:06 a.m.

I found that the cl mobile site is easier and less buggy than the 4-5 third party apps i have tried.

Except two weeks ago when you could swipe left or right to favorite or hide ads. That may have been ok in theory but you couldn't navigate the page without inadvertently swiping something.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior HalfDork
2/3/16 9:16 a.m.

^ This. I used to use CLApp and CPro (Android). Now I just use the CL mobile site. For me the apps didn't add enough value to offset the headaches they created

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/3/16 9:38 a.m.

A timely thread - I'm using cPro on iOS and have never been able to get the notifications to work. Notifications would be the killer feature because I usually don't have that much time to browse CL.

How is the mobile site working for those who have to search multiple CLs around them?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
2/3/16 10:28 a.m.

I actually prefer cPro on iOS over the actual website on a computer.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
2/3/16 10:37 a.m.

Postings for Craigslist on Android

Save searches and book mark them, save favorites, it will even save recent searches that you dont bookmark, just in case.

Bonus: It has a Mazdaspeed 3 in the play store example images

Scottah
Scottah Dork
2/3/16 12:05 p.m.

I think they all suck equally as bad. Maybe I'm wrong.

Wxdude10
Wxdude10 Reader
2/4/16 7:17 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim:

I've set these up using the desktop site. I don't know exactly how to do it on the mobile site, but once you have it setup on your account, you can access your save searches from the mobile site.

So, you start with a search in your area, say firebird|"trans am", for sale, cars, by owner. Then, in the sidebar, you can select "search nearby areas" and select the areas you want to search. You can expand the areas as you need/want. Then, select how you want to display it and order the results. Last step is to click on the "save search" link at the top. Now it will create a saved search under the searches tab on your account.

If you want to search a completely different area, say atlanta, then you just go to the atlanta craigslist, login with you account, and repeat the steps above to add a search and save it. Then you will have a search in a completely different city/region from where you live.

You can have your searches send you an email, or if you have a rss reader you use, you can get the rss feeds from your searches.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6twaSERUBTGy0mT1eatccBptVD8AuIKOgIvlmspphTTKSFzB3AskeNjdfAOTo7vS