1 2
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/4/12 8:35 a.m.

When I described a green on green on green TT to someone they just turned up their nose. I've never seen one, but I like it.

I liked it better with the winter wheels and tires, these are goofy.

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
4/4/12 8:39 a.m.

It's nice. Not enough for me to buy one that color, but nice. I like it with the wheels that are on it, except they're too shiny...And it needs lowered a little.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/4/12 8:40 a.m.

Meh, looks OK I guess, probably doesn't help that you chose the least attractive year TT as an example...

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/12 8:54 a.m.

Like the colors, hate the car.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/4/12 9:03 a.m.

Love the license plate.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
4/4/12 9:06 a.m.

I wouldn't kick it out of my garage if it followed me home.

Unless the VAG electrical gremlins also took up residence.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/4/12 9:11 a.m.

I prefer the hard top. Convertible TT's look like daihatsu copen's

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Reader
4/4/12 9:11 a.m.

I don't particularity like convertible TT's but that's a rather stately color combination.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
4/4/12 9:29 a.m.

I hate convertible TTs.

But green on green is gangster.

I also like the baseball glove interior option.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
4/4/12 9:50 a.m.

My reaction is neutral.

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
4/4/12 9:53 a.m.

Dig the wheels. Prefer the coupe. Color probably looks better in person.

Little Turbo + Sticky Quattro + On/Off Ramps = Weeeeee!

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
4/4/12 10:09 a.m.

Looks fine for a covertable TT. Being so clean and at the non sport suspension let alone aftermarket spring ride height leans it a little towards looking like a LA or south Florida marketing account manager's mobile office. It would look better if the marketing manager was an unusually attractive woman with really cool rockstar sunglasses.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/12 10:40 a.m.

I'm not a huge fan of the TT, but I always wondered what one would look like with a set of 930 flares grafted onto the rear.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
4/4/12 10:57 a.m.

Like the color, can live with a convertable, not a fan of the wheels. I'd prefer something darker to go with the green, chrome doesn't work for me. Overall not bad, but not something I'd buy.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/4/12 11:21 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: My reaction is neutral.

what are you, bruce lee or something?

LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
4/4/12 11:29 a.m.

There are actually two green on green TT's running around our town. I like the color combo in person, but I wouldn't want it for myself. It is very sedate, very neutral while not being boring.

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
4/4/12 11:48 a.m.

The license plate says "ACIDTRIP". I don't know what to think now. Ken Kesey is dead and would not have been caught dead in a green convertible TT if he were alive. I could better understand a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac as they are fabulous road trip cars. Wow, that is a hell of a statement "I take acid and I drive a Audi TT convertible". NY plates.. Woodstock!!! A Woodstock resident having a joke? The plot thickens.....

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/4/12 12:01 p.m.

Always thought they would be a fun rig to look at someday, even with the VAG potential of issues. Then my Filipina wife laughed when I mentioned the name of the car to her.

TT in Tagalog is the term for wang.

Hard to look at them the same way ever again.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
4/4/12 12:06 p.m.

Like the car, like the color, love ‘verts, love the plate. Do it.

But why ask us, it would be your car so buy what you like

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
4/4/12 12:33 p.m.

Maybe a tan top and interior.....the green on green isn't my cup of green tea.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/4/12 1:06 p.m.

Nope, not buying it, just looking for opinions. Trolling?

I like the car, but when I say green-green-green, people get weird.

I would sell those wheels to a Miata owner and put on green steelies with Baby Moons.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
4/4/12 1:18 p.m.

I can barely tell that's a colour. Looks grey to me.

"Acid trip" plate needs a much brighter & more obnoxious car to go with it.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
4/4/12 1:20 p.m.

No on so many levels. ..... the car, the color, the droptop, the liscense.......

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
4/4/12 1:42 p.m.
Shaun wrote: Ken Kesey is dead and would not have been caught dead in a green convertible TT if he were alive.

I met Kesey 15-20 times in the early 90's. While the TT wasn't available at that time I doubt he would have had an adverse reaction to it. He did like bold colors and striking visual statements. If he wasn't at a dead show in Further he was a pretty chill dude. It was like he put on a costume persona when he got in that bus. Other times he was quiet and "old man-ish", You had to explain to other kids who he was and why he was famous.

For the life of me I can't remember what he drove then. Something SUV like since he had the farm out in Pleasant Hill. It was before he bought the mid-90's Buick Roadmaster wagon though.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/12 2:13 p.m.

I like green, I like green cars.. but with a green interior with a green vert top... um no.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8WJrna1HmEr6qaCTzWxeMgzvYPBNJgLBUPyB704FtbB45QhLd6Udy6SpsE3cnOG8