Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
4/23/15 10:36 p.m.

I am in need of one or the other with hub centric mounting, wheel studs and spacers or wheel adapters in order to fit two different sets of wheels and tires on the front of my car for racing events only, no street driving. I really want to say spacers and longer wheel studs are the better rout or are wheel adapters just as good? I need about 20MM. What is the hive minds opinion on this matter as this is my first time dealing with this matter.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Reader
4/23/15 10:54 p.m.

I don't have any experience, everything the net says is from teenage kids and the "slammed, stanced, or hella-flush,yo!" Crowd.

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
4/23/15 11:21 p.m.

I went wheel studs and hub centric spacers, needed 18mm.

Two days at VIR so far and haven't broken anything, yet.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
4/23/15 11:27 p.m.

Studs and spacers will probably be stronger and is less stuff to fail.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/15 7:56 a.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: Studs and spacers will probably be stronger and is less stuff to fail.

For 20mm of spacing, I agree. For much larger spacing (say the height of the stock studs/bolts), then I would do adapters with studs.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
4/24/15 7:57 a.m.

Another vote for studs and spacers.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/15 8:38 a.m.

+1 for studs and spacers, I'd say for 30mm+ you should go with adapters.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
4/24/15 10:36 a.m.

depends on how much you're pushing out …

for just a few mm then spacers and studs … if 3/4" … maybe even 1/2" I'd go with adapters

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
4/24/15 10:57 a.m.

Ive run hundreds of laps on a full race c4 vette with v710 slicks and hubcentric spacers. No issues, except changing rotors trackside became a pita.

In addition, im running 2.5 spacers in autocross on 200 treadwear tires in a 4000lb musclecar. Primarily street driven. No issues after a couple of re-totques.

Hope that helps.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
4/24/15 6:00 p.m.

Thanks for the input. Spacers it is.

Paul B

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jWLjq3REH89e920ggCXYL5h4RImsrqOvgZWS2NAg76ClB48TPHgRkqHjV6seS4NK