1 2
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/11/18 1:43 p.m.

I'm strangely aroused by this.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
1/11/18 1:46 p.m.

yea the new expedition is extremely nice. that being said, if you think 25k is expensive you aren't gonna want to look at the 2018 expedition lol

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/11/18 1:49 p.m.

The Expy is the SUV version, just with different sheetmetal and an IRS.  

But a Raptor version of the Expy....now I like that idea...

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
1/11/18 1:50 p.m.

Could you just get the raptor bedsides and fenders and put them on another truck and be close to this?

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/RAPCONV-2009-2014-F150-Fiberwerx-Raptor-Conversion-Package.html

NickD
NickD UltraDork
1/11/18 1:55 p.m.
ultraclyde said:

And lack of V8 power. 3.5 EB is the top dog in the Expedition. And yes, a Raptorized Expedition needs to be a thing. I want to go offroad hoon and jump dunes with ALL of my friends at once.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
1/11/18 1:57 p.m.
NickD said:
ultraclyde said:

And lack of V8 power. 3.5 EB is the top dog in the Expedition. And yes, a Raptorized Expedition needs to be a thing. I want to go offroad hoon and jump dunes with ALL of my friends at once.

5 seat trophy truck prerunners are a thing and beastly

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
1/11/18 2:03 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

That's what I was wondering. Raptors won't be cheap for a while but something that conversion kit for the body would allow you to fit the Pandem kit on the 3.5L EB trucks which should be, in theory, less desirable than the Raptor.

Huck FreakoBoost parts at the engine and it looks like you can get 520TQ/520HP  to the wheels.

The question then is where the crossover point for pedestrian truck + hard parts + your time is compared to that of the Raptor. I suspect it's something like a $15k 3.5L EB F150 since 2013 Raptors start at around $40k still.

Something about that Pandem/Rocket Bunny truck really pushes all the right buttons but I really like street trucks.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
1/11/18 2:11 p.m.

I was actually implying that I think you could get a lot of the impact of the pandem kit by simply using raptor parts on a muscle truck

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
1/11/18 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

Ah gotcha. I think this kit is designed to go on the Raptors so I was trying to figure out how to get the Raptor body work on a normal truck cheaply. You provided that answer. Plus I wouldn't feel too bad about cutting up the aftermarket bits in an attempt to blend the Pandem kit into the bodywork rather than go with the exposed bolt head look.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/11/18 2:42 p.m.
NickD said:
ultraclyde said:

Just to clarify, 3.5 has been the ONLY engine in the Expedition since 2015, and the Raptor hasn't had a V8 since 2014.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
1/11/18 3:58 p.m.
Tom_Spangler said:
NickD said:
ultraclyde said:

Just to clarify, 3.5 has been the ONLY engine in the Expedition since 2015, and the Raptor hasn't had a V8 since 2014.

Oh, I know, but the F-150 still has V8

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/18 5:40 p.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to mad_machine :

The moral of the story is don’t get in an accident.  Aluminum bodies can be repaired and while a bit more novel. Than say a steel one they can be repaired.

oh, I know that. Any shop that could repair a landrover could do an F150, I just think it was the area of the country she was in, there were no shops in the area. She was basically towing her boat up to Washington State when a girl decided she wanted to be where the boat was. The really bad part was, the girl did not have insurance, so it was all out of my friend's policy

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
1/12/18 7:42 a.m.

I watched a 2011 coyote powered 4x4 crew cab sell at auction the other day for $1900.

It had front end damage but it didn't look terrible. Hood, fenders, radiator support, and lights would probably take care of it.

onemanarmy
onemanarmy New Reader
1/12/18 11:00 a.m.

Not an Expedition...that thing is geared towards road manners and luxury bits, and no V8 option

I want a truck based SUV, ladder frame, solid rear axle, 5.0, offroad options, (ala Z71) based on the F150. 

Chevy has proven for almost 20 years now that the tahoe/suburban is a winning recipe.....wonder why Ford didn't follow suit?  The expedition was/is a weak attempt, and the sales numbers prove it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QZhR7NYbJRkeGGwskazP4dcFW9IzVVA5qyeCVa5o50DqIM2TCipEbv0Tnq663zVZ