MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
5/18/08 3:18 p.m.

18hrs since the last new post?

BTW-when posting a new topic, trying to tab from the topic name to get to the post body takes me to font options (bold, itallics, etc...). Is there a way to have it tab directly from topic to post body?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/18/08 5:22 p.m.

Yeah, it's kinda dead in here. :grin: But then, it's always kinda dead on the other board on the weekends too. Everybody's out racin'.

RallyX was fun today. Didn't win, but I didn't come in DFL either! Always a good day when you don't come in DFL.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/19/08 12:58 a.m.

Sigh. I hate to be an ingrate but I really don't have any desire to post on the new board, at least until I'm forced to by the lack of existance of the old one.

And yes, its mostly because of the huge left nav-bar that takes up 1/4 of the screen. It really bothers me. Sorry, I know nothing will change, but I hate it with a fiery passion.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/19/08 6:41 a.m.

In the immortal words of some fuck ing guy... Kwitcherbitchin ;)

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 7:15 a.m.

They'll be here soon.

John Brown
5/19/08 7:31 a.m.

Timeframe?

jamscal
jamscal
5/19/08 8:16 a.m.

Just checking in.

I hate change. :nice:

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
5/19/08 8:25 a.m.

Just getting rained on over the weekend... now back at work, so plenty of time to waste.. er, I mean , browse the site and comment constructively :twisted:

Sonic
Sonic None
5/19/08 8:29 a.m.

I was wondering why things were a bit slow at the old board...

donalson
donalson New Reader
5/19/08 10:58 a.m.

change sucks.... but at least the new format doesn't lol..

pete240z
pete240z
5/19/08 11:36 a.m.

where have I been?

gamby
gamby New Reader
5/19/08 2:14 p.m.
Wowak wrote: Sigh. I hate to be an ingrate but I really don't have any desire to post on the new board, at least until I'm forced to by the lack of existance of the old one. And yes, its mostly because of the huge left nav-bar that takes up 1/4 of the screen. It really bothers me. Sorry, I know nothing will change, but I hate it with a fiery passion.

Yeah--that nave bar makes me feel claustrophobic. :evil:

AudiMike
AudiMike None
5/19/08 2:19 p.m.

Man it took me years to get to reader status and now I have to start all over again!!:omg:

Mike K

Jack
Jack New Reader
5/19/08 3:10 p.m.
AudiMike wrote: Man it took me years to get to reader status and now I have to start all over again!!:omg: Mike K

Hey, I just made Super dork last week. now I'm a newbie again.

Jack

CoryB
CoryB
5/20/08 9:06 a.m.

Another vote to deep-6 or at least resize the nav bar on the left. It's easily 1/4 of the width of my screen and I don't have the option of a bigger monitor or higher resolution at this point in time.

If the ADVERTISEMENTS at the bottom of the navigation choices weren't so big, the size of the nav bar could be cut in half, at least.

If I promise to click on them at least once a day, would you resize them down? Pretty please?

John Brown
5/20/08 9:08 a.m.

That one is a dead subject, we tried, we lost, we tried again, we don't want Tim or Margie mad at us.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/20/08 9:09 a.m.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- the nav bar stays. There are a lot of reasons, some of which have been outlined here, and some of which will not be. It's not up for discussion.

For those who are freaking out on your post count, relax. I'll get to everyone. Right now I've got bigger issues than your post count, but it will get returned to where it was eventually.

David Wallens
David Wallens Editorial Director
5/20/08 9:33 a.m.

I'm here. I think.

1slowcrx
1slowcrx Reader
5/20/08 9:37 a.m.

I'm mostly here.... trying to find where "here" is exactly...

kabel
kabel Dork
5/20/08 10:20 a.m.

I'm here, feels ok.

John Brown
5/20/08 10:20 a.m.

ooh, ah...

carguy123
carguy123 None
5/20/08 10:26 a.m.

Yup Nav bar sux and the lack of a "new posts" option

Also missing your old history and I'll bet all our old thread bookmarks don't work either

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/20/08 10:28 a.m.

I would suggest reading some of the posts before you judge. There's at least six ways to view new/latest/last posts.

And I'm not even discussing the nav bar any further. It stays.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xZQgnnarMsy3dV6oax8nYuC5LMrqTRpsyfnnFrRmaCOfP5Oi56t9eVvBQ3nP85xK