NBS2005
NBS2005 Dork
9/16/08 8:57 a.m.

I'm in the market for four season (not all season) Nokians. Anybody have a good source for those? I'd appreciate feedback from those who have bought some recently.

Thanks,

J

Jack
Jack SuperDork
9/16/08 9:15 a.m.

Depending on where you live, http://www.tirefactory.com carries them.

Looking at the WR2?

Jack

procainestart
procainestart HalfDork
9/16/08 7:02 p.m.

In the PNW, you can get them from Les Scwab. If you are elsewhere, try searching Saabnet's "General" forum -- lots of Swedecar owners loves them some Nokians. You might also try specialstage.com.

NBS2005
NBS2005 Dork
9/17/08 7:38 a.m.

Either the wr or wr2. I live on the front range of CO so I don't want/need a dedicated snow only (not a skier). The wr/wr2 are also rated for 50K miles for H rated. I want a set for my MPV.

Thanks for the tire factory tip, there is one not to far from me. Have you used them before?

Thanks,

J

wcelliot
wcelliot New Reader
9/17/08 8:33 a.m.

I haven't bought any of the new generation of Nokian all season tires, but I was not happy at all with the previous ones I had used (though I continue to recognize their snow/ice tires as the best available).

I had serious belt issues with the all seasons... they did not appear to take the heat well... hopefully this has been improved, but even without this issue the performance was mediocre and not worth paying the Nokian premium for IMO.

I live in MD and use dedicated snows... which also allows me to run real summer tires for summer...

Bill

Jack
Jack SuperDork
9/17/08 9:13 a.m.

I use them (Tire Factory) exclusively. The tire prices are comparable to tire rack and, at least at my local shop, the service and quality are both excellent.

Like Bill above, I prefer using two sets of tires, so there are no compromises, but I am going to give the WR2 a try on our FWD vehicle, leaving the AWD with Hakka Snows for the nasty weather. i AM a skier and a (weekend-volunteer) Ski Patroller, so sometimes I just have to be there, regardless of the weather.

Jack

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mgWap6rauTDXKYP62HrLTUow0yOQkuL0gQzuUESKqbe9deenxhZ3Sf4mMVW4CKAS