1 2
Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
9/28/16 10:47 p.m.

I've been happy with my everlast 185. Used it on aluminum, 4130 steel, 1010, and stainless for an exhaust header. Good stuff on all metals.

jpnovak
jpnovak Reader
9/29/16 9:42 a.m.

I had a non-inverter Miller Twin-TIG for years. It would get the job done but was not easy to weld with. I replaced it with a TIG200P Inverter from ebay. Does everything I could want as a garage hobbyist. Its been running for 7 years now without any issues. I did not have the budget for a nice Miller, Hobart, Lincoln Inverter setup.

I have a Vulcan from HF. It's a better machine than I am a welder. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/19/21 10:22 a.m.

I'm in the metal fabrication business, and the best fabricator that I know uses a Vulcan Tig machine at home and is very happy with it. With the Vulcan line HF seems to have found the sweet spot between the other junk welders that they sell and the pricey stuff from Lincoln, Miller and such.  

CaptainYinn
CaptainYinn New Reader
2/19/21 10:01 p.m.

The TIG welder that I decided on when looking for a do all machine that was capable of mild, stainless and aluminum was the prime weld TIG 225x. I bought this two years ago and it has done everything I have asked of it Cast Aluminum, 6061, 4130, Silicon Brazing, and stainless. The one function that this machine has is a pre-flow setting for the shielding gas creating a safe gas envelope for the arc to prevent any oxidation. It also has additional slope adjustment to transition between your starting arc and main amps then back down to ending amperage, I haven't gotten into this feature too much or the pulse settings. The machine comes with a CK worldwide 150 amp air cooled flex head and flex hose which I am a big fan of. This machine also has a 3 year warranty, I remember reading on a welding forum that there is a US distributor that is open 24/7 for any questions. I also just looked and the reviews on amazon are still mainly positive from what I can tell.

The only issues that I have with the machine are minor

-Foot Pedal needs to be mounted to a board or replaced to make it more usable.

-In cold weather (0-ish Fahrenheit) the high-frequency arc will stay lit after the foot pedal is released.

-Comes with the highly questionable Chinese welding mask that comes with the majority of overseas welding machines.

The only other tig machine I have experience with is scratch starting with a gas valve torch and DC stick machine, worked well but any of the mentioned machines are capable of producing better quality welds and welding aluminum without needing to change out gas for helium.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/20/21 6:29 a.m.

I have the ahp. It is WAY better than i am. i have had it for years but only recently figured out how to "weld" with it. Starting off with aluminum wasnt the best idea but i can kinda weld with it now. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/21 8:10 a.m.

stolen from a friend

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
2/20/21 9:29 a.m.

Jasic/Razorweld 200 ac/dc 85% as good as a Dynasty at 1/4 of the price. So good I sold my Syncrowave and backup Eastwood. Over a year in a professional fab shop hasn't missed a beat. The control pannel isn't the most intuitive thing but beyond that no complaints. 

AHP and Primeweld are also killer for the price. 

I have soured on Miller after a string of bad service experiences on machines that shouldn't have had to be serviced, the Chinese machines sold by companies who want to be taken seriously have really upped the customer service level and the reliability seems to be on point 

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
2/20/21 5:31 p.m.

If anyone gets an everlast and wants an ssc pedal- for some reason they sent two and I've had an extra for like ten years. Let me know- price of shipping.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zF5nVO8NqWSEPOcxORduRRxshtFPsrXDFBi2F4Tgiv7Yxex1EKgArNvodrJ5DMco